Join for free
Reply
Baz46's Avatar
Baz46
Senior Member
Baz46 is offline
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,126
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-04-2021, 05:11 PM
1

Paris – one rule for the rich, another for everybody else?

"French police have launched an investigation into alleged clandestine fine dining and parties in Paris, revealed in an undercover TV report."

"French Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin ordered the probe, saying such gatherings, breaching Covid lockdown rules, would be "totally unacceptable".

A private TV channel, M6, tweeted the undercover film, with the description "caviar, champagne, top chefs' menus and no masks allowed".

France is now in its third lockdown."


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56638088
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is online now
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 10,407
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-04-2021, 05:30 PM
2

Re: Paris – one rule for the rich, another for everybody else?

No doubt the same will be taking place in a number of UK venues.
Reply With Quote
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is offline
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 11,956
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-04-2021, 07:36 PM
3

Re: Paris – one rule for the rich, another for everybody else?

Some are more equal than others to paraphrase a well-worn cliché.
Reply With Quote
longfellow's Avatar
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is online now
Penthouse in Pitsea overlooking the Thames.
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,313
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-04-2021, 04:40 PM
4

Re: Paris – one rule for the rich, another for everybody else?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
"French police have launched an investigation into alleged clandestine fine dining and parties in Paris, revealed in an undercover TV report."

"French Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin ordered the probe, saying such gatherings, breaching Covid lockdown rules, would be "totally unacceptable".

A private TV channel, M6, tweeted the undercover film, with the description "caviar, champagne, top chefs' menus and no masks allowed".

France is now in its third lockdown."


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56638088
Does it make any difference to the rest of the world Baz.
Reply With Quote
Baz46's Avatar
Baz46
Senior Member
Baz46 is offline
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,126
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-04-2021, 06:32 PM
5

Re: Paris – one rule for the rich, another for everybody else?

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Does it make any difference to the rest of the world Baz.
Probably not unless any of them spread coronavirus and then it does affect others in the world.
Also it's very galling when I've been almost imprisoned in my house since mid-February, not seeing friends and family, but they can just do what they please, allegedly.
Reply With Quote
Pixie Knuckles's Avatar
Pixie Knuckles
Senior Member
Pixie Knuckles is online now
Scotland, UK
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,992
Pixie Knuckles is female 
 
06-04-2021, 06:43 PM
6

Re: Paris – one rule for the rich, another for everybody else?

Yeah I agree its very unfair on the rest of us who have obeyed the rules to the letter. But then, many people have just gone right ahead and done what they liked really, haven't they?
Reply With Quote
reg
Senior Member
reg is offline
Manchester
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 320
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-04-2021, 07:15 PM
7

Re: Paris – one rule for the rich, another for everybody else?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No doubt the same will be taking place in a number of UK venues.
100% agree.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.