Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
carol's Avatar
carol
Chatterbox
carol is offline
Derbyshire.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,252
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 08:44 AM
11

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Good morning everybody.

This morning I'm meeting my friend Chris at the Mill town of Belper.

We plan a walk round the nature reserve there & later a bag of chips to be eaten on a seat in the memorial gardens. I fear the grass will be frosty so think I'll put my proper walking boots on - they're none slip.

Daughter Sue is coming to keep Tony company for a bit & I will be back early afternoon.

I need to do a bit of cleaning & general tidy up when I get back.

That's my day... Have a good one everybody.
Reply With Quote
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is online now
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,011
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 09:09 AM
12

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Good morning everybody on this very sunny but bitterly cold morning.
I've had to defrost the bird baths again this morning.

It's lovely seeing all your plans which now increasingly seem to involve getting out of the house.
I think I will wait a while for that.

Not because of isolation or anything but because our son is off for the school Easter holidays and things are not "normal" enough yet to do a great deal other than have a walk on the beach.
Which in honesty is often crowded with others from who-knows-where doing the same, not that I can really blame them when they've not been able to visit their holiday homes for so long.
When the campsites open next week I expect it's going to be extremely busy.

So it's more housework and garden jobs for me this week I suppose.

Have a lovely day everybody.
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 41,748
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 09:38 AM
13

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Good morning everyone I got up to a sprinkling of snow and it is cold and dull.

I am feeling very fragile after a bad night with hardly any sleep, I am going to have an easy day.
9kilos of frozen plumbs and gooseberries has just arrived so first job is to split the bags and get them in the freezer,
Lots of vitamin C there.
Reply With Quote
Barry's Avatar
Barry
Chatterbox
Barry is online now
North Notts
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 15,098
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 10:09 AM
14

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone I got up to a sprinkling of snow and it is cold and dull.

I am feeling very fragile after a bad night with hardly any sleep, I am going to have an easy day.
9kilos of frozen plumbs and gooseberries has just arrived so first job is to split the bags and get them in the freezer,
Lots of vitamin C there.
Meg, where do you buy your frozen fruit? I grow and freeze a fair amount but there is usually little left at this time of year at least until the rhubarb is ready to pick, but the gooseberries then won't be ready until late June..
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 46,768
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 10:12 AM
15

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Good morning all very cold but dry today...

A worrying day for us, our daughter has an appointment in Oncology for a scan and biopsy. Itís times like this I wish I could give her a hug

Enjoy your day...
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 41,748
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 10:31 AM
16

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Meg, where do you buy your frozen fruit? I grow and freeze a fair amount but there is usually little left at this time of year at least until the rhubarb is ready to pick, but the gooseberries then won't be ready until late June..
Hi Barry I only discovered the growers the Snells during the first lockdown when I was shielding and couldn't buy fresh fruit or get a delivery from a supermarket.
The fruit farm is just a few miles from here but I have been unable to go in person because of lockdown. It has been on TV including Countryfile a number of times.
here you are...
https://www.frozenfruit.co.uk/

My first order was a disaster due to the carriers losing it for days and I got a refund. It has been a fantastic service since though I would avoid ordering in hot weather.
The fruit comes in polystyrene boxes with dry ice packs and is collected from the farm and travels by overnight carriers.
It arrives here frozen solid still.
Reply With Quote
Barry's Avatar
Barry
Chatterbox
Barry is online now
North Notts
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 15,098
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 11:05 AM
17

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Barry I only discovered the growers the Snells during the first lockdown when I was shielding and couldn't buy fresh fruit or get a delivery from a supermarket.
The fruit farm is just a few miles from here but I have been unable to go in person because of lockdown. It has been on TV including Countryfile a number of times.
here you are...
https://www.frozenfruit.co.uk/

My first order was a disaster due to the carriers losing it for days and I got a refund. It has been a fantastic service since though I would avoid ordering in hot weather.
The fruit comes in polystyrene boxes with dry ice packs and is collected from the farm and travels by overnight carriers.
It arrives here frozen solid still.
Many thanks Meg, I'll take a look
Reply With Quote
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is online now
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,011
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 01:25 PM
18

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good morning all very cold but dry today...

A worrying day for us, our daughter has an appointment in Oncology for a scan and biopsy. Itís times like this I wish I could give her a hug

Enjoy your day...
I will keep my fingers crossed for you because it can't be pleasant for any of you.
There will no doubt be a wait afterwards for results too.

Take heart though that at least you are here and are capable of being aware of your daughter's concerns and can provide reassurance and support if necessary too.
My own parents for example know nothing of my experiences because both have dementia of one form or another.

Chin up, and let's hope there's good news ahead.
Reply With Quote
Pixie Knuckles's Avatar
Pixie Knuckles
Senior Member
Pixie Knuckles is offline
Scotland, UK
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1,991
Pixie Knuckles is female 
 
07-04-2021, 01:39 PM
19

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good morning all very cold but dry today...

A worrying day for us, our daughter has an appointment in Oncology for a scan and biopsy. Itís times like this I wish I could give her a hug

Enjoy your day...
Mags, I hope everything is ok and its nothing more than a scare. These are horrible times for things like this. Thinking of you
Reply With Quote
Surfermom's Avatar
Surfermom
Chatterbox
Surfermom is offline
United States
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 5,709
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-04-2021, 04:10 PM
20

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Good morning from overcast Florida. I just finished up a painting and am about to head out to the backyard to plant impatiens and giant elephant ears.

Like Zaphod, it is good to hear that so many of you are able to venture about!

Meg, I do hope you are feeling better as the day goes along. Take care.

Mags, you and your daughter are in my thoughts. Waiting for results is so trying, so I hope the results are back soon and you all can find some diversion in the meantime.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.