Join for free
Page 15 of 23 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 03:20 PM

Re: Brexiteer or Remainer? Give us your reasons!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I havent seen your reasons for remaining yet Purwell?

Regards Donkeyman!
As you are getting bored to death , why bother?
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The only thing I'm a little sorry for is the fact that I will be retiring to suriname by the end of the year, so I won't be able to witness the finale first hand.
On the other hand, come november 1, you are either out without a deal, or you are in permanently because parliament revoked A50.

Good luck with your retirement Solasch and I trust you will still be writing on here

NB You can still watch this comedy show on internet and TV.

My money would be on yet another extension..

Boris knows full well that no deal and the inevitable EU trade tariffs is actually not a credible option for the UK. I can only think he will use the forthcoming chaos in the house of commons to call a general election before November 1st and try to increase his majority. If he gets a working majority he will be safe for 5 more years and that is all that matters to Johnson. He will then bungle through some utterly stupid populist policies that actually don't change anything but appeal to right wing Tories and Brexiteers, brown nose to Trump about some vague ill defined trade deal that won't actually materialise, appear on TV quite a lot, the poor will get poorer, the rich will get richer, the environment will get more polluted etc etc but he will not risk a trade war with the EU and he will renege on his Nov 1st promise on or before Nov 1st!!

But so what; he really has great charisma right?

Like Donald Trump in USA he is nothing less that what we deserve in the UK.

Anyone for a bet?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Good luck with your retirement Solasch and I trust you will still be writing on here

Boris knows full well that no deal and the inevitable EU trade tariffs is actually not a credible option for the UK. I can only think he will use the forthcoming chaos in the house of commons to call a general election before November 1st and try to increase his majority. If he gets a working majority he will be safe for 5 more years and that is all that matters to Johnson. He will then bungle through some utterly stupid populist policies that actually don't change anything but appeal to right wing Tories and Brexiteers, brown nose to Trump about some vague ill defined trade deal that won't actually materialise, appear on TV quite a lot, the poor will get poorer, the rich will get richer, the environment will get more polluted etc etc but he will not risk a trade war with the EU and he will renege on his Nov 1st promise on or before Nov 1st!!

Anyone for a bet?
All very likely in my opinion but we can all enjoy a nice Sovereignty sandwich. Hey ho down the tubes we go.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Anyone for a bet?
There is still time for the UK to stop no deal by revoking A50, so there is hope for the british people.

I won't make the same mistake with boris as I did with trump. Seeing him on tv and following the debates on his lunatic behavior during the elections, I predicted that it would take his advisors and the civil servants half a year at most to put him in his place.
How wrong I was. Being the most powerful man in the world makes that you get away with the most obnoxious behavior and lies.
Boris during his "election"has all the traits trump had. I am afraid now he is in power the british will let him get away with comparable behaviour (but on the british scale of things). If his past is anything to go by? Leaving his wife during the period she had treatment for cervical cancer, taking his girlfriend on a laptop, etc. Forgetting the number of his children so many are walking around.

As for another extension, I wouldn't bet on that. The present extension was for ratifying the withdrawal deal. The UK spoiled that time. Another extension is only available for a GE or referendum. Both are not in the cards.. so revoke it will be
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:42 PM

Luckily for me I will be in Scotland on Nov1 so party time whatever the outcome. We are currently part of the UK but change is very much in the air.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-08-2019, 10:58 PM

Luckily for me I will be in Scotland on Nov1 so party time whatever the outcome. We are currently part of the UK but change is very much in the air.
Why doesn't scotland use a sort of article 50 procedure if they want to leave the union? Or has this union of yours no standard procedure for leaving members? How undemocratic!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 07:18 AM

The Queen of England is also the Queen of Scotland.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Why doesn't scotland use a sort of article 50 procedure if they want to leave the union? Or has this union of yours no standard procedure for leaving members? How undemocratic!

Scotland did..........

It was called a referendum.

It is an extremely good form of Democracy .

It is unambiguous.

Scotland voted to Remain in the longest lasting , most successful Union of willing nations in history.

When is Holland's 'NethExit' planned for.

Time you lot practiced what you preach, for a change!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Scotland did..........

It was called a referendum.

It is an extremely good form of Democracy .

It is unambiguous.

Scotland voted to Remain in the longest lasting , most successful Union of willing nations in history.

When is Holland's 'NethExit' planned for.

Time you lot practiced what you preach, for a change!

It was also supposed to be once in a lifetime...
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Three things are going to happen. We leave with a deal. We leave with a no deal, we don,t leave at all.
Whichever way it is we will have to live with it. Full stop!!!

Page 15 of 23 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top