Join for free
Page 223 of 505 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 05:25 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Oh heck Lindy, I don't want to look like Papillon...
Oh what a thought! Everyone sticking their heads out of their windows and asking how they look!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 05:35 PM

Stats today
https://corona.help/country/united-kingdom
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That will be interesting Bruce.

I'd like to see how a hairdresser or beautician can work on their client from 2 metres away!
There is a beautician a few doors down from me. She is still giving manicures. It will be interesting to she how she fairs.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:30 PM

A nationwide crackdown on social gatherings will be expanded in a bid to slow the spread of coronavirus.

Prime Minister Scotty from Marketing announced the new restrictions late on Tuesday following a National Cabinet conference call with state and territory leaders. It is appparent that the States want to move faster than the Federal government does.

From midnight Wednesday, these activities and businesses will no longer be allowed to continue:

• Amusement parks and arcades
  • Indoor and outdoor play centres
  • Community and recreation centres, health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre, spin facilities, saunas, wellness centres
  • Public swimming pools
  • Galleries, museums, national institutions, historic sites, libraries, community centres
  • Auction houses
  • Real estate auctions and open house inspections
  • In-store beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons and tattoo parlours, spa and massage parlours (excluding allied-health-related services, like physiotherapy)
  • Food courts within shopping centres will only be able to sell takeaway. Shopping centres themselves will remain open

Some activities will be restricted:

• Hairdressers and barber shops can continue, but a customer must not be on the premises longer than 30 minutes
  • Personal training and boot camps are limited to a maximum of 10 people
  • Weddings can continue, but only with the couple, the celebrant, and witnesses — totalling a maximum of five people
  • Funerals are limited to a maximum of 10 people
  • Outdoor and indoor food markets will be addressed by individual states and territories

Note - have your wedding at a Boot camp or a funeral you can have more attendees
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That will be interesting Bruce.

I'd like to see how a hairdresser or beautician can work on their client from 2 metres away!
Its only 1 metre to the edge if you stand at the centre of the 4 sq m. but that is a the calculation you do to find how many people are allowed in a given space. Social distancing here is 1.5m

ie shop 5m by 6m can allow 7 people inside including staff.

I would have thought the idea of doing a woman's hair within 30 minutes would be more of a challenge than standing 1.5m away
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

24-03-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm gonna look like a vagrant if they shut the barbers down...
My ex wife always reckoned I looked like a beggar anyway so no change there.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My ex wife always reckoned I looked like a beggar anyway so no change there.
We'll be bruvvers Bruce.....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:34 PM

I was thinking today, another good side to this lockdown is that one can be as scruffy as one likes, knowing full well there shouldn't be any unannounced visitors to see what a mess we might look
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I was thinking today, another good side to this lockdown is that one can be as scruffy as one likes, knowing full well there shouldn't be any unannounced visitors to see what a mess we might look
Anybody want to buy a philishave triple head electric shaver.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Indeed. Marge and I sometimes walk about in the altogether without batting an eyelid.

Of course, if the postman should arrive with a parcel, all hell is let loose.

Page 223 of 505 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top