Join for free
Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 11:16 PM

Re: Tall Story 2

... Just as the sun started to set that evening, there was a loud 'clonk' as Pappy's spade hit something hard. He had dug many holes, but in this one his metal detector had gone into overdrive, and he'd dug deeper and deeper.
"I've got something," he shouted in excitement. "I think I've got it."
"Oi everybody," shrieked Bertha, "Pappy's found the treasure, come over 'ere quick."
Sure enough, deep down the hole, there lay a battered old tin box, rusty and dented. On the lid they could see the remains of a scull & crossbones.
They all gathered round and stared down the hole. "Come 'ere Hamish, you're the lightest," said Big Willy. Elsie held her breath with excitement as Willy dangled Hamish down the hole by his ankles. Hamish pulled and tugged at the box, the blood rushed to his head, but he wouldn't give up.
At last, the box moved, and then Hamish free'd it. Holding it tight, he shouted to Willy to pull him back up.
They'd got it - at last ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 09:05 AM

" It's not very heavy" said Hamish, " and whatever is in it is rattling about". They all held their breath as the box was opened. They all gave a gasp of surprise as it was revealed that the box held a key and a note which read ...........
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 10:33 AM

"Congratulations on completing the first task in the Ereh Trats Annual Treasure Hunt. The key is the key."

"What rubbish," said Lil. "What on earth does that mean?"

"Let me have a look," said Pappy. "I am a private eye after all."

"Oh okay, since it's you," said Lil and started lifting her top.

"No," shouted Pappy, "I meant give me a look at the key."
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 12:50 PM

It was that Elsie noticed a crumbled piece of paper underneath the key. She leaned over Pappy & Lil, and retrieved the note, which read:

" Go laugh and be merry,
Then catch the Ferry
Across to the Isles of Scilly.
Once there, look around,
And clues will be found,
And also a gift for Big Willy."

"Well, what do ya know." said Big Willy greedily, "What time's the ferry go?"

But the others were tired, broke, and hungry, and some had had enough, so it was decided to have a vote on whether to catch the ferry, or go home and leave Willy to carry on without them.
They had no pen and paper, so decided to turn their backs on each other, and write in the sand either "Go Home" or "Ferry." They formed a circle and all turned their backs to the centre, then knelt down and started to write ..........
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 02:49 PM

...whilst Pappy said they'd go with the majority. A couple of minutes later they all turned round and the majority was "go home". Lil said "we've come so far and had a lot of experiences and lots of drinkie poos and I'm happy to go home. Bertha agreed. Pappy had taken a bit of a shine to Elsie and decided to follow on with her towards home. Hamish decided to go with Big Willie, who felt sad to leave everyone, but knew he had to carry on until the end. They all had a group hug and the girls had a few tears. They told Big Willie and Hamish to take care and keep in touch and to let them know what he found. The gang walked along one side of the beach towards home, whilst Big Willie and Hamish walked towards the other and to find the treasure. The two men were never heard of again. It was said that they had found gold coins and were now living the life of luxury on a Caribbean island, surrounded by a bevvy of beauties whilst getting stuck into the bevvy. The special surprise for Big Willie was a voucher for an orthodontist to get his buck teeth straightened.

The rest of the gang? Well, Pappy and Elsie are now sharing a cottage in the country. Lil and Bertha drop in now and again for a chat about their travels and to have a few drinks. Lil hasn't given up the fags. They were content in the fact they had made great friendships, even although they still waited in hope of hearing from Big Willie and Hamish...... maybe some day.

~~~~~0~~~~~
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 03:54 PM

That was fun. Now who's going to start tall story 3?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-03-2015, 06:12 PM

Nice finish Myra, well done.
I think this one had run its course. We could do with some different characters and a fresh theme for the next one .....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:18 PM

Well rounded off Myra.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:36 PM

Alan, Mups and Pappy, you've given me such a laugh and I've been in stitches reading your posts on this thread. Good to have a laugh in a world of doom and gloom
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-03-2015, 08:26 PM

Come on Alan, you're turn to open the next story ...?

Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top