Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:17 PM

What a lovely surprise

I have just had the strangest thing happen.

I was in the shower, when my post lady came, and left an long oblong box in my porch, like a flower delivery box.

As we often do, instead of just opening it, I stood there trying to remember if I'd ordered something, and who it might be from. Had I got a secret admirer?
(Why do we do guessing with parcels and letters? Why don't we just open them and see?)

When I did open it, it was a really beautiful big bouquet of flowers with a card saying -

"Thank you for a lovely call the other day. I have sent you some lovely flowers because after the bother you have had you deserve them."

And it was signed by a lady from my Nationwide home insurance company. I was flabbergasted.

I had phoned them a week or so back, to enquire about some changes to my policy, and we had got talking.

I discovered my bank had changed their previous insurance company due to so many complaints, which made me tell her about the years of stress I had trying to get the previous company to pay up for a subsidence claim I had. (Some of the older members might remember this saga).

For some reason we seemed to get on very easily, and I remember thinking afterwards, what a nice lady she was, nothing like the usual sales people.
We even ended up chatting about our dogs!
Anyway, the call came to an end, and that was that.

Then these flowers arrived just now!
I am still amazed! What a kind gesture and a lovely way to apologise for the nightmare time I had for so long, and it wasn't even her company at fault, it was the awful previous people.

Aren't I a lucky girl.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:19 PM

Re: What a lovely surprise

Lovely,Mups!!..enjoy them!.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:21 PM

Wow! Mups. that is an amazing story. It just goes to show there are still some nice people left out there. Enjoy your flowers.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:39 PM

How lovely Mupsy.
I love surprises.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:43 PM

What a lovely thing !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:54 PM

A lovely surprise and well deserved
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:09 PM

That's a really nice touch, Mups. It's nice to know that some companies actually care about their customers this way.
It makes sense as people will continue to remain with that company if they are well looked after.
I bet it made your day!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:12 PM

The only thing my bank ever sent me was threatening letters.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Never ever had a lady give me her bloomers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-02-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Never ever had a lady give me her bloomers.
Me neither, although I have sto........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top