Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:05 PM

Re: restless leg syndrome

Bless you Alice, I am grateful that through my working at a job I so loved |I learned a little bit extra. I found out about the importance of drinking plenty when an elderly lady who had been fit and well all of her life started acting very strangely. She would phone her son in the evening and tell him lots of strange occurrences, he got really worried and yet when he saw her in the morning she was fine again. She came into our ward for observation and we quickly found the problem.

From about 7pm she wouldn't drink anything saying that she didn't want to be disturbed in the night, we also discovered that she was incontinent and would wet herself if she couldn't get to the toilet in time.

We noticed that from about 8pm she started to get confused and drowsy, it was almost like a switch had been switched on and she was a different lady. The doctor was called and she was given water. Immediately she was ok. It is similar to dementia that can occur when you are dehydrated. I find myself about to not have a drink before bed because I don't want to get up for a wee. Now I take a drink to bed with me because I am odd enough anyway and if I stopped drinking goodness knows how much odder I would become.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:09 PM

Dear Cate, I can assure you, you are not in the slightest odd! You are very nice and down to earth. The best way to be
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 04:23 PM

You say the sweetest things Alice.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 09:30 AM

I spent an evening at the theatre last night and had the most awful restless legs. At one point I thought I was going to have to get up and stand at the back. Hadn't had it for a while. There's no rhyme nor reason to it
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 10:13 AM

Its odd isnt it? I sosmetimes think that it is accociated with back or hip problems and a nerve being aggrevated. I ahve not had it for ages (I probably will now)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

19-05-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
Its odd isnt it? I sosmetimes think that it is accociated with back or hip problems and a nerve being aggrevated. I ahve not had it for ages (I probably will now)
Yes it's a strange one Celyn. Hope you don't get it
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

20-05-2015, 12:27 PM

Restless leg syndrome is just the pits.l am taking 1mg of Ropinirole each night and if my legs are tired I still get restless legs. This happens in the evening watching TV or at night in bed. Often if it is bad it goes on to my arms and shoulders. I now take tramadol early evening and lots of other stuff before bed.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Restless leg syndrome is just the pits.l am taking 1mg of Ropinirole each night and if my legs are tired I still get restless legs. This happens in the evening watching TV or at night in bed. Often if it is bad it goes on to my arms and shoulders. I now take tramadol early evening and lots of other stuff before bed.
Sorry to hear that Cate. I've heard that can happen to your arms as well. It must be unbearable for you. I wish you could find a cure.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

20-05-2015, 03:57 PM

Thanks Myra
I wonder if it could be stress related and boy am I stressed just now. I am going to have to see the doctor as it really is awful.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Thanks Myra
I wonder if it could be stress related and boy am I stressed just now. I am going to have to see the doctor as it really is awful.
Cate I've often wondered if it's stress related. I hope your doctor can give you some help as you have enough on your plate x

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top