Join for free
Page 5 of 72 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 12:18 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it Val ... I love seeing new places but I'm not comfortable in big cities and hate the big stores .... it's charity shops for me You can take the girl out of Manchester .. etc ... and with my broad Mancunian accent it's easy to tell where I'm from
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. It was a decent working class town when ah wer a lad. It's not just the Pakis, though; the council have been pretty useless for as long as I remember.

It started when they began pulling down all the old buildings in the '60s and replacing them with matchboxes. Then the roads: whilst Leeds was building an efficient road network, including a city centre motorway, Bradford was doing naff all. Their so-called 'ring road', for example, until quite recently consisted of several side streets joined together.

It's still the pits as far as I'm concerned. Nothing classy about it.
This is true, i could cry when i think back to what we had.

Most Councils are the same. Wakefield where we live now their council haven't done much for their town or for the people either..
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=myrtle;1080118]Hi Val

One surprise was that you can use your bus pass from 9 am in North Yorkshire Monday to Friday whereas here it's 9.30 am !!!!

Didn't know that myrtle, ours in East Yorkshire is 9.30 am! I guess it's to give the workers chance before the seniors grab all the seats! 😄
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=Val J;1080559]
Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hi Val

One surprise was that you can use your bus pass from 9 am in North Yorkshire Monday to Friday whereas here it's 9.30 am !!!!

Didn't know that myrtle, ours in East Yorkshire is 9.30 am! I guess it's to give the workers chance before the seniors grab all the seats! 😄
It's 0930 over here on the wrong side of the Pennines too. Still, as I've always said, this place is not as civilised as Yorkshire.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=JBR;1080652]
Originally Posted by Val J ->

It's 0930 over here on the wrong side of the Pennines too. Still, as I've always said, this place is not as civilised as Yorkshire.
I missed out on a free bus pass for over 60's my Brother has one he's 70 yrs on monday.
I've another 4 yrs to wait
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 08:39 PM

Thank goodness I retired at 60 Got my first pension payment the following Monday (I opted for weekly payments) and my bus pass that same week.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

26-01-2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Thank goodness I retired at 60 Got my first pension payment the following Monday (I opted for weekly payments) and my bus pass that same week.
That's a few years back things have changed since. For my age group we now retire at 66 yrs, although i have my pension and don't work. But have to wait for my national pension. I shall have to find a small job to keep me going i think.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

26-01-2017, 09:09 PM

I was born in 1949 but anyone born in 1950 or after were the ones who have to wait longer for their state pension, etc.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. It was a decent working class town when ah wer a lad. It's not just the Pakis, though; the council have been pretty useless for as long as I remember.

It started when they began pulling down all the old buildings in the '60s and replacing them with matchboxes. Then the roads: whilst Leeds was building an efficient road network, including a city centre motorway, Bradford was doing naff all. Their so-called 'ring road', for example, until quite recently consisted of several side streets joined together.

It's still the pits as far as I'm concerned. Nothing classy about it.
I had a dog called Bradford once - it was all brown except for a small white patch.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I had a dog called Bradford once - it was all brown except for a small white patch.

Page 5 of 72 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top