Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 01:04 PM

Re: restless leg syndrome

Note smiley

Shouldn't she be taking her son to a doctor, not a vet?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 01:54 PM

smiley noted. It`s tricky when one has a friend-one wishes to help. Never come between a mother and her son -although both could do with a kick up the arse.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 02:21 PM

Have a friend who swears by putting a couple of camphor blocks at the bottom of the bed (in between the sheets) helps stop cramps and restless leg syndrome.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
Have a friend who swears by putting a couple of camphor blocks at the bottom of the bed (in between the sheets) helps stop cramps and restless leg syndrome.
OH that smell though, I'd rather have RLS !
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
This is an ageless solution used for many common ailments like in home remedies for colds and flu.

But, camphor has anti-spasmodic properties which is probably why our forefathers have passed this down from generation to generation without even knowing about restless legs syndrome, camphor cream is more likely to help with the spasms though.

Camphor is a good repellent for bed bugs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I had agonising cramp in my calve the other night and it was awful. I think dehydration is also the cause. Thank goodness it goes away after a while as it's agony.
Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I used to get night cramp in my legs. I mentioned it to the doc and he prescribed some quinine tablets which, most of the time, do the job. However, that's not RLS.
One thing that can help with cramp in the legs is to stretch the leg muscles.

To do this stand facing a wall,
..Place your hands on the wall and back away until your arms are outstretched,
..Now lower yourself onto the wall by bending your arms ( keeping your legs straight) until you can touch it with your nose and you will feel your calf muscles stretching.
This should relieve the cramp .
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 11:17 PM

I have suffered from RLS and the restless arms that go with it. My doctor prescribed some medication which touch wood seems to do the trick. I suffer from it every night and when I had a broken him it was a nightmare situation. It also doesn't bode well for my poor old arthritic joints.

If you are bothered by this horrible thing do speak to your doctor because there are quite a number of medications. Quinine helps cramp and was used for malaria so it might help but it certainly didn't help me.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I have suffered from RLS and the restless arms that go with it. My doctor prescribed some medication which touch wood seems to do the trick. I suffer from it every night and when I had a broken him it was a nightmare situation. It also doesn't bode well for my poor old arthritic joints.

If you are bothered by this horrible thing do speak to your doctor because there are quite a number of medications. Quinine helps cramp and was used for malaria so it might help but it certainly didn't help me.
Cate, I'm glad you're getting some relief. Every night! I'm sorry to hear that. It's such an irritating, agitating complaint. I really feel for you. As if you haven't got enough going on.

I haven't ever spoken to my doctor about it. If it continues to get worse, then I definitely will.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 11:41 AM

I also suffer from this from time to time cookiecate and have found taking a paracetamol does the trick for me. Don't know why but it works every time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
I also suffer from this from time to time cookiecate and have found taking a paracetamol does the trick for me. Don't know why but it works every time.
That's good to know LT. Paracetamol, taken sensibly, is a great med.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top