Join for free
Page 11 of 56 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 08:51 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Hi

Boris is losing support.

Even Steve Baker, the Chair of ERG is against him on this issue

He has just thrown Cummings down the drain.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So what? He's the adviser to the PM who issued the guidance that's so what. Were he not in the position that he is in we would not have a thread about him. Not really sure why the discussion here is treating him as an ordinary member of the public. He is not.

Someone on an LBC phone in about the DC situation said that SAGE haven't met since mid April and the Govt have stopped taking their advice because it contradicts what they would like to do. If true then it makes a mockery of the whole situation we are in.

I'm still interested in why this morsel of news was released now and why it was suppressed until now. Something's afoot.
The best place to find information about SAGE is the Governments website not some radio phone in...
List of meetings and input to SAGE...

https://www.gov.uk/government/groups...id-19-response
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The best place to find information about SAGE is the Governments website not some radio phone in...
List of meetings and input to SAGE...

https://www.gov.uk/government/groups...id-19-response
Hi

That is true Meg.

Unfortunately the minutes of the meetings of Sage have been heavily redacted.

Cummings is not a Scientist.

He should not even have been there.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dodge, Do you have children?

In my book..... The safety of your children is paramount.

Indeed. I have children and grandchildren and I would never knowingly put them in a position of harm.
I fail to see how having children in the small enclosed space of a car with 2 parents who have the virus, then driving over 200 miles is not putting them at risk! As I said earlier, they should have made other arrangements for the kids to go to Durham, why didn't they have the sisters/neices or whoever come and pick them up?

They broke the rule by not self isolating after being diagnosed with the virus. What's to stop every Tom, Dick and Harry now doing the same if Cummings can get away with it? It totally undermines the rule that was brought in for everyone's safety.

This is not about left or right (as I previously said I am no lefty and voted for Brexit), it is about right and wrong and a matter of principle, not to mention hypocrisy and double standards.
You may say rules are made to be broken and people have gone and visited others but DC and his wife did it while they were knowingly infected with the virus, others have been sacked for far less.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
His biggest offence according to most who criticise him was the help, advice, and support he gave that resulted in the wonderful success of BREXIT. His trip is trivial and apparently perfectly justified.

Exactly that Todger,
Of course the danger now is that the 80% remainer conservative
government will now make shyte bout this to remove the Boris
brexit cabinet, (Steve Baker has allready started process)?
The labour supporting media frenzy presently raging will only get
worse imo, and the television news programnes have just started
to tear the Boris cabinet to pieces over what is actually only a very
minor indiscretion that has no effect on the epidemic whatever!!
Barnier must be in 7th heaven?

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Some people, seemingly, don't understand plain English .....
Yes, everybody knows its not soufend its SARFEND eh Omah?

Donkeyman! 😁😁
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Exactly that Todger,
Of course the danger now is that the 80% remainer conservative
government will now make shyte bout this to remove the Boris
brexit cabinet, (Steve Baker has allready started process)?
The labour supporting media frenzy presently raging will only get
worse imo, and the television news programnes have just started
to tear the Boris cabinet to pieces over what is actually only a very
minor indiscretion that has no effect on the epidemic whatever!!
Barnier must be in 7th heaven?

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Well Said, DM!

I just noticed that those who are posting all of the "Dummy Spitting Rhetoric" are , usually, the same posters who always tried to shoot down Brexit & the Tories (during Election).

Wrong they may always be, but they will never give up!

caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dodge, Do you have children?

In my book..... The safety of your children is paramount.
Easy cop out imo to use children as the excuse for breaking lockdown.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Steve Baker is using this opportunity to attack Cummings out of pure childish petulance because he didn't get a job at the Conservatives top table. He's currently doing the rounds of most of the media outlets spouting his bile. His few minutes of being in the spotlight and his treachery won't be forgotten.

Also. It would seem that sightings by the two (anonymous) witnesses claiming to have seen Cummings during his specond alleged visit to Durham were based purely because of a beenie hat similar to Cummings' trademark. No definitive description, just someone wearing a beenie hat. I wear a beenie hat on occasions, wonder if I'd pass for Dominic Cummings?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:53 AM

Such a furore by people with an axe to grind, a career o further, revenge to take, all in the interests of Power personal or otherwise. What the hell is it coming to when, with not a thought for the people and the position of the economy people further their own interests rather than those of the country. What have we descended to labour aided Media treats this sort of thing as a game and disguises as a serious issue after all they have said.
Do they thing the Red Wall are stupid enough to fall for their hypocritical false indignation over at worst, what is is a technicality and at best something that any caring Parent would do I wonder how many labour MPs have broken the rules

Page 11 of 56 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top