Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 10:38 PM

Re: Has the drink bitter lemon, diet or original, been completely discontinued?

Still available at Lidl - goes nice with gin
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Ditto!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 05:59 PM

Forgot to say, I managed to buy SIX bottles last week, when sis and I had our day out. First I bought 4 in Latham’s in Potter Heigham, under the Co-op brand, then two more in Sainsbury’s, that was our main destination.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 07:43 PM

Asda (purveyors of fine lagers and pork scratchings to the nobility) still have it
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Forgot to say, I managed to buy SIX bottles last week, when sis and I had our day out. First I bought 4 in Latham’s in Potter Heigham, under the Co-op brand, then two more in Sainsbury’s, that was our main destination.

Lathams in Potter is one of my favourite shops, you never know what you're going to find! Shame they did away with the shoe department a few years ago
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 09:13 AM

I know, it was lovely having a good browse around. I’ve not been to Asda for awhile as work is going on near the bridge, from N to S Lowestoft, and causes much traffic mayhem. I might wait till the road works have finished. There is one at Gt Yarmouth though...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by vlad ->
asda (purveyors of fine lagers and pork scratchings to the nobility) still have it
Glanny
N.Ireland

28-07-2020, 08:12 AM

After reading this thread I have been ordering Schweppes bitter lemon (non diet of course...) from our weekly delivery with our independent local supermarket. I forgot how nice it is with gin instead of the usual tonic, makes a nice change
BiL said there was no bitter lemon to be had in Tesco.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 08:15 AM

At last got some Lemon Barley !
Glanny
N.Ireland

28-07-2020, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I got so fed up with trying to find any cold drink without sweeteners

Me too, and I have written to Sainsburys in the past about this and Tesco are even worse. Am so sick of the health police! Low fat this, added sweetener that, low salt blah blah...
Some sweeteners are banned in the US and Scandanavia. Aspartame used to give me migraines.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top