Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 02:17 PM

Re: Does Anyone Buy ‘Hello Fresh’ Meals?

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I've never heard of them but the I don't watch "telly" .....

Apparently, for example

https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/plans/

Ł5 for 2 people seems reasonable but if it's each then it's expensive, given that the portion sizes may not be "man-size".

There seems to be no "plan" for 1 and I'm not sure how you would split the recipe or retain half of a cooked meal.

I may look into it .....
Omah, I am not sure about the sizes of the meals but surely the company would cater for one person meals?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, l don’t use them but l know people who do and they think they are great!

I still cook fresh ingredients from scratch as l absolutely love cooking. As for the housework?....... moving swiftly on!!

Hi

Unless you have changed madly, your house is fine.

Immaculate clean in all important respects.

You could use your kitchen, bathroom and loo as an Operating Theatre.

You are immaculately dressed and not a hint of BO.

Do not do yourself down.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 02:56 PM

Two people l know have raved about, Hello Fresh.
The company provides step by step recipes and fresh ingredients in a box that you cook from scratch.
They are delivered to your door.

Have you used, Hello Fresh?
I am not 100% convinced the packs contain the meat for a meat based meal. I Checked out a chicken recipe and it listed the ingredients including olive oil for your chicken. So to me that indicates the chicken is not included, but I could be wrong. Perhaps e-mailing the supplier to clarify could avoid a disappointment.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 03:11 PM

My son tried them to cook a romantic supper for his wife when the children were in bed.

He said they are really best suited to novice cooks and those who work and don't have time to shop or a larder full of ingredients and every kind of spice and flavouring.

I wouldn't be interested, my larder is well stocked and I am capable of working out my own recipes .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I am not 100% convinced the packs contain the meat for a meat based meal. I Checked out a chicken recipe and it listed the ingredients including olive oil for your chicken. So to me that indicates the chicken is not included, but I could be wrong. Perhaps e-mailing the supplier to clarify could avoid a disappointment.

I've just checked out Hawaiian Double Bacon Burger with Cheese, Pineapple and Sriracha and the meat is, apparently, included.

Similarly, Garam Masala Crispy Chicken and Bombay Potatoes with Garlicky Green Beans and Raita seems to contain chicken.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 03:18 PM

Omah, I am not sure about the sizes of the meals but surely the company would cater for one person meals?
It's not a visible option but perhaps it might be if registered/logged in.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-08-2020, 03:26 PM

Pineapple Poblano Beef Tacos

Mega Meatballs and Cheese Mash

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-08-2020, 05:43 PM

Apparently they don't - their advice is to split the meal before cooking or reheat as leftovers the following day.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently they don't - their advice is to split the meal before cooking or reheat as leftovers the following day.
Oh, Dear. Not a very good idea on my part!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 06:40 AM

LQ, Yes, many of us could just buy the ingredients, as we can cook but lots of people can’t cook and have absolutely no idea. Hello Fresh apparently, simplifies it all.

The box is delivered to your door, the recipes have step by step, timed instructions and the exact amount of ingredients in the box. So, no waste.
Yes perfect for those who either don’t know how to cook or don’t have time to cook. I could see a guy ordering all the ingredients to try and impress a girlfriend or maybe a women doing the same if she can’t cook. I can so haven’t ever used them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top