Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:37 PM

Re: Online Deliveries, Supermarkets.

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't want litres, I want milk.
Milk is milk.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Milk is milk.
Are you a philosopher?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Are you a philosopher?
An engineer.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:53 PM

We were in M&S's food hall this morning and were told that there are NO more Ocardo delivery spaces available for the run up to Christmas.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We were in M&S's food hall this morning and were told that there are NO more Ocardo delivery spaces available for the run up to Christmas.

Good God Percy!
I'd better check on that in my area, because I use Ocado M & S.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good God Percy!
I'd better check on that in my area, because I use Ocado M & S.
Glad to be of service Mups.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I find that works in reverse as well.
I have ordered a couple of things which were 'available' yet when the order comes they were missing, and substituted.

I now know how to click ' No substitutions' though.

Me too Mups. I don't put substitutes for anything apart from such as semi-skimmed milk 4 pints, or things like bananas or onions. but the rest is always without the tick for substitutes.
I certainly make good use of the 'note for picker' space under each item though! The picker must hate doing my shop because with things like bread I always put 'Minimum 3 day shelf life please or will not accept' as they were sending bread with 1 or 2 day shelf life or my 6 ripe bananas which has 'Do not deliver Green Bananas please' after they kept delivering deep green bananas.
If I was the picker I would be calling me a right old cow! but it does the trick and never had cause for complaint since.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=summer;1986483]I've never managed to get a delivery slot . I’ve tried a few times with different supermarkets but I must do something wrong because there are never slots available so I just give up.

I love a bargain too Swimmy......as you say its a Yorkshire thing [/QUote.

I too found it very difficult to get a delivery slot with Tesco during the first lockdown Summer. I found it very frustrating as I have been a home delivery customer for years, but with everyone then stuck at home I didn't stand a chance of getting a slot, though shielding since March, I could notget one for weeks ahead. (they do a four week slot). But I understood how things were and just got on with it.

Then, fortunately, once we were out of lockdown and things got back to near normal, I logged in one day and was able to get a delivery slot for that week. (I am on delivery saver for mid week Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday delivery) Then I happened to look at the following weeks dates and found plenty of free slots, so I did my shop for that week as well and as long as I put it through the check out, (they don't take the money until delivery day), then I did the same with the 3rd week and then the 4th week. I didn't feel bad about it because I had gone without a slot for months!

Now, I know exactly when the 4th week delivery slots come into being and only have to book the week's shop for that week. online.
Perhaps it is easier hereabouts to get a slot. Tesco come from just over the border in North Wales (3 miles) and we live over the other side of the border in England.

Now we have another lockdown, I am so relieved I did shop ahead in advance, otherwise I would never get a slot as I looked yesterday and for the first two weeks not one single slot available again.
I only get the basics from Tesco so it never comes to more than £50, but it is a godsend. We get meat, most fruit and veg and delicatesan delivered free locally.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top