Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 05:24 PM

Re: The Queens Gambit

The Queens Gambit is on my list of things to watch, but ...

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I hope it’s not as addictive as Marcella. Had me stuck to the iPad for hours.
we watched the first two episodes of Marcella todays. Thanks for the mention/recommendation.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 01:08 PM

You don't have to be a chess enthusiast to enjoy this limited series on Netflix. This is a gem with some great performances from the cast. Anya Taylor Joy is stunning as the main character, Beth Harmon. Check it out.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...ambit-netflix/
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 03:46 PM

Keezoy, you might be interested in Bruce's thread on 24 October - a few of us enjoyed watching it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Keezoy, you might be interested in Bruce's thread on 24 October - a few of us enjoyed watching it.
Whoops!..didn't see that. THanks.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 09:18 AM

I'll give it a try.....i just watched the third season of Riviera....they shouldn't have bothered making it what a let down. I'm looking forward to Queens Gambit now
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 01:00 AM

Despite having enjoyed the series immensely I am not really interested in chess, I do know the basic moves and played occasionally when I was young but it was never a game that appealed to me (too slow - I preferred tactical board games like Risk and Diplomacy). However I was browsing Youtube as one does in these Covid times when I came across this and I must admit I watched it to the end.

It is an analysis of the game Elizabeth plays against Borgov at the end of the film by someone who seems to know their chess. Apparently based on a real game but with a different ending.

I noticed there were several videos made about the chess in this series.

Probably best if you don't watch the video until you have finished the excellent series.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Whoops!..didn't see that. THanks.
Easily done, I have done it myself by missing a previous thread - on one occasion even after doing a search.
keezoy
Australia

02-11-2020, 10:49 AM

It's one of the most mesmerising and engrossing works I have ever seen on TV. Anya Taylor-Joy is absolutely luminescent and simply eats up the screen with both her appearance and her acting. My wife said she is Audrey Hepburn reincarnate. - only with red hair.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 08:51 PM

Just finished watching the 7 episodes-really enjoyed it.Had to google who the actor was that played Benny-it was the little boy in Love Actually,still looks about 12!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 11:59 PM

This series is fabulous! About halfway through so far. Brilliant escapism. I love the scene in the lift with the Russian champion. He knows she's there in the lift and can understand.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top