Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 11:46 AM

Re: The Sister

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I loved that show.
I think I'll watch Being Human again as it was one of my favourite shows too.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 05:23 PM

I find the acting rather stilted ,and why do They have to speak in whispers!..But..I have to watch it until the end to find out what evil has been done...and who did it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 06:30 PM

Like all dramas since about 1987, it would be so much easier to follow if they just did it in the correct order, beginning, middle and an end rather than skipping backwards and forwards adding one little bit each time.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 05:55 AM

It is interesting that a show absolutely no one likes gets to three pages of comments whereas an excellent show can struggle to make a full page.

Curious!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 08:43 AM

I will stick with it but so slow and jumping back centre and middle driving me mad . I've got the sub titles on because of the mumbling.

After 2nd episode I began to think she wasnt dead and it was a con but now I see she is . Obviously the drugs were mixed with something else but in all honesty after what happened youd run and find a mobile hot spot to call police.

I'll stop trying to work it out and watch final episode and I'm intrigued, but some dramas have flat endings
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is interesting that a show absolutely no one likes gets to three pages of comments whereas an excellent show can struggle to make a full page.

Curious!
We just like moaning about it.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 09:49 AM

I'm with the story so far. I think it's OK and I'll stay with it. It does jump around in time but some books do that too and it all comes together in the last chapters. Probably a bit harder to get that to work in a TV drama.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Like all dramas since about 1987, it would be so much easier to follow if they just did it in the correct order, beginning, middle and an end rather than skipping backwards and forwards adding one little bit each time.
Yes, I agree with that. As a bit of a thicko, it just confuses me!

We've watched the first two episodes and plan to watch the last two tonight.
Marge likes it and is hoping for a 'twist in the tail'.
I thought, apart from the above jumping back and forth, it was too slow. That seems quite common these days. I think they pad things out (like Queer Street) just to make them last longer!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2020, 02:46 PM

It think the trouble with this drama jumping around in time is that the times are only 11 years apart. No difference in styles, appearances and settings. If you happen to look away while the date caption is on the screen, it can be difficult to know whether the scene is a flashback or not.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-10-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It think the trouble with this drama jumping around in time is that the times are only 11 years apart. No difference in styles, appearances and settings. If you happen to look away while the date caption is on the screen, it can be difficult to know whether the scene is a flashback or not.
Or fall asleep.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top