Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:27 PM

Re: YouTube?

Try to use You Tube in a manner where I will not contribute to making internet entrepreneurs any richer than they already are, for not shifting off their asses.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:30 PM

Since the pandemic started I have watched more Tv that ever before, previosly, apart from the evening news at 7pm I might watch about about three hours a week including downloaded films.

Since the pandemic i have got into the habit of turning on the TV in the morning and watching Youtube fr half an hour (ish).

Thank goodness my kids persuaded me to buy a 55" smart TV before all this started - At the time i thought it a waste of money but it has been a great purchase.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I watched my tube:

It's a Thyratron.
How wonderful is Youtube? Now you can find out how it works.

I notice it has a CV number, all the valves we used in the GPO radios etc were identified with CV numbers it was only after I left the GPO that discovered valves actually had numbers like 12AT7

Travelling wave tubes had a secondhand value amoung the amateur radio population they were suppose to the returned but usually "broke" when their hours were up

Here is a Youtube video about them too

How useful is Youtube eh?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:50 PM

Saw enough Valves as a kid, no need for YouTube on this one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-11-2020, 11:52 PM

PCL86 etc, etc.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-11-2020, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Saw enough Valves as a kid, no need for YouTube on this one.
Originally Posted by spitfire ->
PCL86 etc, etc.
There you go... Something to wile away the hours in lockdown.

There's something for everybody on YouTube
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 06:55 AM

Yes, I watch YouTube

I started watching it for the craft & hobby videos; leatherwork, knife making, and model making in my case, but I quickly realised that you can find just about anything you want -

military history, long distance walks, music, recipes, woodworking, humanism & atheism, and comments on Brexit, and BBC bias are just some of the subjects I've followed; but there are many others

I have some favourite channels, but once you start, and follow the links & prompts you can be there a long time if you're not careful
Certainly, if I'm not feeling very energetic YT is better than much of the bilge on the TV
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2020, 11:01 AM

Yes, I am a bit addicted to Youtube. Now that it is cast to my TV I like watching the old music videos. The only problem is that I quite often don't finish them because I see some other video I want to watch. The ads get on my nerves a bit.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-11-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I am a bit addicted to Youtube. Now that it is cast to my TV I like watching the old music videos. The only problem is that I quite often don't finish them because I see some other video I want to watch. The ads get on my nerves a bit.
The ads using the smart TV App are considerably less than the smart phone/tablet app for some reason, on the latter YouTube is getting almost unwatchable.

Creators can elect to have ads placed (by Youtube) during their video if they do I always leave a comment about unsubscribing.

The only real solution is to use a PC with an ad blocker and send that to the TV for ad free viewing.

As someone else mentioned YouTube is a bit addictive and following links or suggested videos can eat up time if you are not careful.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top