Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 07:01 AM

Why must they,,,,

What is it with people these days that as soon as you start to talk they jump in and say I'm disabled you know.

Are they after sympathy or is it to let you know that they are well off with their benefits? It seems that their disability is all they want to talk about, do they not know about current affairs? Not that I know that much, I have never had an affair with a current.

We were having lunch yesterday and all you could hear from the next table was I have,,,I take,,,,I go to the doctors,,,, one man said I dont know how other people would cope if they had what I have.

Why dont they just get on with life, there are people with worse problems than what they have, they should think of all those young lads and lassies who dont get the chance to have problems and who did not ask to go to war.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 08:07 AM

Re: Why must they,,,,

C'mon, it's human nature to have a good moan, we all do it, you included I imagine.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 09:54 AM

I don't think I have ever had a conversation with a person who talks about their disabilities. But I have listened to a lot of moaners
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I don't think I have ever had a conversation with a person who talks about their disabilities. But I have listened to a lot of moaners
me neither , I find most people are reluctant to discuss their disabilities...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
me neither , I find most people are reluctant to discuss their disabilities...
My husband is brain damaged after an aneurysm burst in his brain, the last thing he wants to do is discuss his disabilities.

Antibrown one wonders what you were moaning about whilst having lunch, people with disabilities?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 11:33 AM

I find people with serious disabilities dont like to talk about it, but not so serious disabilities and ailments sufferers wallow in your sympathy if you are prepared to listen. Take some of the old lads in my local, forever rabbiting on about their gall bladder operations, bypass surgery (common enough now), gammy legs, sore throats, pains in the back, bad teeth, you name it they got it, had it or are getting it. you come home convinced there must be something wrong with you too, the cheek of me being happy, I start to feel guilty all of a sudden and go up to the bathroom, start feeling around to see if all my bits are in the right places, they are, that's a relief.
As Alan says AB, people love to moan, it's human nature after all.
You never had an affair with a currant AB?, did you ever have a date with a damson.?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 02:35 PM

I wonder if it is a similar sort of situation to old soldiers comparing war wounds and experiences when they get together.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
You never had an affair with a currant AB?, did you ever have a date with a damson.?
You make me laugh Jem
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 07:00 PM

Some people have no-one at home to talk too, some people think it will make them interesting and some people mostly old age pensioners have only there health to talk about.Look and learn peeps.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
C'mon, it's human nature to have a good moan, we all do it, you included I imagine.
Alan, the only time I moan is when stupid Labour politicians and union officials open the mouth and let their brains (Those who have them)fall out.

Jimmy, I have had many an affair with a damson, jolly fine jam they make.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top