Join for free
Page 8 of 43 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:38 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

My beliefs are so "simple", it doesn't take a lot of intelligence to think the way I do..........

It is so comforting and so easy to believe.......and it gives my life a "purpose".........I don't have to say "is this all there is", because my belief tells me, there is more, much much more and I look forward to experiencing that.

I am not afraid of death, it is just the beginning of what I am looking forward to. The answers will all be there very clearly, but it will be too late to tell those who are still alive and sitting on an internet forum trying to find the answers. I will be experiencing something very very different that what I am seeing here and now.......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:39 PM

If I could ask God one question, I don't think I would ask Him anything.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I don't think it really mean "six days". A day is like a thousand years, from what I understand (which of course, is debatable, hahaha)
That kinda illustrates one of the problems with the bible. If you can't take it literally then it becomes subjective interpretation. Who decides that a day means a thousand years? Even then, that underestimates the findings of early human life by many orders of magnitude.

Then you have the Noah's Ark story. The entire species of the world and all their provisions on a 450 foot long boat for forty days and nights.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:45 PM

Good for you Blue .. if you have a Faith, I say, enjoy it and gain comfort from it.

I've always just thought

To get through Life it helps, immeasurably, to have Faith in one of three things.
1) A God or a system of Belief.
2) Faith in Mankind ..that's to say, science and humanities ability to evolve... and become the Fixer, instead of the Destroyer.
3) Or .. a simple Faith in Oneself.

Have no Faith or Belief in any of those things and you're sunk and it makes Life a trial.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
A bit like God then?
Well we are all part of God. But our kind of meddling is less productive than the universe.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 12:48 PM

I don't profess to know all the answers Bes, I am sure you know far more than I do. I just go with what I was raised to believe. If a little girl is talked to every day about what is happening in the world and who God is.........she just eventually believes that and it is so programmed into my brain, that I don't really question anything. It is "easy" and it is "comforting" so that is all I need.

I don't need to confuse my brain that has been "brainwashed" (if you will.. hahaha) for 75 years (be 76 in December). Yes, I am probably what you would call Brainwashed.....but "is that a good thing"....YES, it is if it keeps me out of trouble, and living a good life ... and happy......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Good for you Blue .. if you have a Faith, I say, enjoy it and gain comfort from it.

I've always just thought

To get through Life it helps, immeasurably, to have Faith in one of three things.
1) A God or a system of Belief.
2) Faith in Mankind ..that's to say, science and humanities ability to evolve... and become the Fixer, instead of the Destroyer.
3) Or .. a simple Faith in Oneself.

Have no Faith or Belief in any of those things and you're sunk and it makes Life a trial.
Thank you Morty, your response to me, makes my heart feel good inside. I respect your opinion and I care for you.
I feel like today is going to be a great day, hope you have one also.......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
God doesn't intervene or allow something to happen...

Men and women have destroyed the world........not God.

He gave us free will.
Well said,WB,...
Jeanster
UK
Jeanster is female 

03-11-2018, 12:54 PM

I think God is a state of being ...

Once you've attained the three omni's there aren't any questions just at-oneness ...

How would you even begin to describe us to an ant?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That kinda illustrates one of the problems with the bible.
Bes, I don't think The Bible is a problem. It has made me what I am today....

I have never done anything too wrong,
Never in jail
Never a prostitute
Never be prosecuted for theft, or anything else of that nature.
Never murdered anyone
(told a few lies, as everyone else, gossiped a bit)...but I am working on that.

I never professed to be perfect, but I am not evil that is for sure.....and I say it is a lot to do with how I was raised and how I was taught what was right and wrong, if you are going to be a good person when you mature.

There are unbelivers also who end up good people, of course, but I grew up with the Bible as my "rules for living"...and it instilled something in me, that most non-believers wouldn't begin to understand.......

I have to go now, and start on this day ahead of me. Lots to do in real life, as much as I love sitting on here and discussing something without "flying off the handle" like I used to do, and sometimes still do, but I have a few gals on this forum that understand me and guide me through my difficult times.....and Morty is one of the people and she knows that......bye for now Bes...I respect what you believe, and if it suits you, that is all that is important.......

Page 8 of 43 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top