Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:15 AM

Re: The European Election: Results

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Glad to see we are 100% on the same page Floydy!
I've got a couple more ideas on the moving parliament theme
too! such as putting the second heathrow runway up near
Manchester area to serve it, and then it would then give a
real reason for HS2 to be extended to that area!
Then take our fisheries back and the north should then be
set up for success!
These are all dreams! but if you dont dream you will have no
aims?
What do you think?
By the way! Your avatar has changed?

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Just in a gym toilet right now, Donkeyman. Be back soon bud
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Haha...He's probably laying down in a darkened room....
Drowning his sorrows with a six pack of Amstell
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Hi

I have been watching our Politicians on TV this morning.

Still the same old, same old.

They are still not listening and treating us as idiots.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:24 AM

Somehow the BBC has interpreted the result as a vote for another referendum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A fabulous outcome. I can see Nigel Farage getting a proper party together from the remnants Labour and Conservative to form a proper brand new force to be reckoned with in October. Conservatives as a party are finished as he says and this country needs something new and fresh other than this tired and stagnant two-party system.

A major thing I can see happening is an end to the North-South divide which needs to be wiped out. If Farage has been totally focused on his campaigning being mostly in Northern counties, why not have a parliament based away from London, somewhere in the middle? Manchester would be ideal perhaps.

It was said today that Theresa May had good intentions and promised so much but actually delivered absolutely nothing. Incompetent is not the word, she is hopeless. I wouldn't even give her a job washing my car.
You make several very important points.

The Conservatives are probably finished now, even with a new PM. Whilst they are still in government, they should now state quite clearly that they will take us out of the EU without a deal. If they cannot do that, or if they are still opposed by a majority in the Commons, then the time is right for an early GE and the EU election results will be fresh in people's minds.

The two main recipients of EU votes are the Brexit Party and the Limp Dems. These two quite clearly represent the leave/remain votes, with the former clearly in the lead.

As for a relocation of Parliament from London to the North, I think that would be sensible. Bearing in mind how Londonistan is no longer properly British, how can it continue to be the seat of government? Rather than Manchester, though, I'd prefer Leeds!

As for the Maybot, I bet that right now she's having a good cry whilst looking at those dismal figures showing exactly what she's brought about as PM.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I bet the EU parliament will have had no one quite like newly elected Anne Widecombe among their number, I will certainly be listening more regularly to the live broadcasts from there...
Indeed. Both she and Farage are excellent speakers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-05-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Solasch has gone quiet......
I think the Four Horsemen are licking their wounds.

However, I don't think we've seen the last of them; they are too stupid to realise that they've lost and they'll continue to spout their usual rubbish that they're winning.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Somehow the BBC has interpreted the result as a vote for another referendum.
I noticed during the night Emily Thornberry was busy adding some sections of the voting public together and ignoring others to conclude that remain voters had won
This was immediately pounced upon by much of the media to state we must now have another referendum.

And why must the BBC wheel out same old moaners Campbell, Clarke and Hestletine. I have visions of them continually contacting the BBC to say they wish to come on and speak.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I noticed during the night Emily Thornberry was busy adding some sections of the voting public together and ignoring others to conclude that remain voters had won
This was immediately pounced upon by much of the media to state we must now have another referendum.

And why must the BBC wheel out same old moaners Campbell, Clarke and Hestletine. I have visions of them continually contacting the BBC to say they wish to come on and speak.

They voted for other peoples parties ....

If they feel that strongly they should leave the parties they are members of and join the lib dems. They are lying to themselves and fooling the public again...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Drowning his sorrows with a six pack of Amstell

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top