Join for free
Page 143 of 1676 « First < 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 643 1143 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Latin's all well 'n' good...but don't forget those unforgettable [see what I did there?] Arabian inventors,who made their invaluable contributions to our world. People such as Mustapha Dump,who invented Sennapod Puree',or Omah Wurd,who collated the first dictionary. [which Mustapha Dump was extremely pleased to put to good use]
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 04:19 PM

Just a small matter,but a relevant one.....chap came out to repair our combi-boiler....charged £50 call-out,plus parts,+ vat. I told him to shove his vat up his arse,cash job,but do a goodun. Ok,out he came,checked parts required,buggered off...we wait 10 days with zero heating. he comes back,sorts the parts [expansion tank,two taps,new pressure valve] I set it at 1.5bars as he watches. Two hours later,the bastard thing is on 3.1 bars,refuses to run at anything less...I [for the 5th time] bleed all rads,drop the pressure to 1.5 bars,think "Phew,that was lucky"...only to find it's back at 3.1 within two hours. Right,sod THIS-get mooshy on hooter,tell him to get his hairy arse here and FIX the fkn thing-like what he's been paid for and is fully certified and qualified to do...[got a tad narky,I will admit]
HE now says heat-exchanger plate will cost £205 - but that he'll fit it for free 'as a favour'......A ****ING FAVOUR!!!!!!!!!

I even amazed myself at just how fast and how TOTALLY I changed from 'slightly goofy civvie' back into 'combat mode' and turned up at the twat's door...gave him a choice,get out and face me or call every wanker friend he could muster to watch him go down-either fkn way,the end result will be the fkn same. GOT that,sunbeam?!? Ok-fuzz arrive-I tell them to fock uff-they refuse to arrest me...[in truth,my mood at the time,wise decision]...wankerboy won't come out,but shouts from UPSTAIRS window that he's 'already offered to fit the part for free'...I EVERSO gently remind the spunkmuncher that he's HAD a fee,PLUS parts fee-which I fkn KNOW was enlarged-and that he'll fix the bastard PROPERLY,or fully repay me in front of the fuzz. ... I have a new heat-exchanger now,in my boiler....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Just a small matter,but a relevant one.....chap came out to repair our combi-boiler....charged £50 call-out,plus parts,+ vat. I told him to shove his vat up his arse,cash job,but do a goodun. Ok,out he came,checked parts required,buggered off...we wait 10 days with zero heating. he comes back,sorts the parts [expansion tank,two taps,new pressure valve] I set it at 1.5bars as he watches. Two hours later,the bastard thing is on 3.1 bars,refuses to run at anything less...I [for the 5th time] bleed all rads,drop the pressure to 1.5 bars,think "Phew,that was lucky"...only to find it's back at 3.1 within two hours. Right,sod THIS-get mooshy on hooter,tell him to get his hairy arse here and FIX the fkn thing-like what he's been paid for and is fully certified and qualified to do...[got a tad narky,I will admit]
HE now says heat-exchanger plate will cost £205 - but that he'll fit it for free 'as a favour'......A ****ING FAVOUR!!!!!!!!!

I even amazed myself at just how fast and how TOTALLY I changed from 'slightly goofy civvie' back into 'combat mode' and turned up at the twat's door...gave him a choice,get out and face me or call every wanker friend he could muster to watch him go down-either fkn way,the end result will be the fkn same. GOT that,sunbeam?!? Ok-fuzz arrive-I tell them to fock uff-they refuse to arrest me...[in truth,my mood at the time,wise decision]...wankerboy won't come out,but shouts from UPSTAIRS window that he's 'already offered to fit the part for free'...I EVERSO gently remind the spunkmuncher that he's HAD a fee,PLUS parts fee-which I fkn KNOW was enlarged-and that he'll fix the bastard PROPERLY,or fully repay me in front of the fuzz. ... I have a new heat-exchanger now,in my boiler....
God I wouldn't want to be your friendly home hair designer!!

I told you to take a bit of there NOT take a bit of hair!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

02-12-2016, 09:20 PM

gums,for myself,I give not a jot-he'll fix it eventually,end of. I'll wait.
However....start taking the p1ss out of my Memsahib,causing her to need boiled kettles a-la 1950's to wash,shav...er...I mean,scrub up in general,PLUS spend her time indoors in a padded jacket while I cut more wood...weeeeell,I get a smidgeon miffed.
She's a bad-tempered,argumentative,cranky,old bat-but she's MY old bat.
All I wanted that pr1ck to do is the job he was paid for - and now he has.

Are you honestly saying every tradesman around YOU,is 100% honest???
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 10:40 PM

Seems to me honesty is a dying virtue Pug, gone with the wind like morals and respect before it, it's everyone for themselves nowadays I think.
These boiler gentlemen are the elite in this weather, they can do and charge what they like, had he got a crown on his head and a purple cloak draped over his shoulders?, it’s a wonder he didn’t ask you to lick his boots before he entered your humble abode. That’s the way it is now and we just have to grin and bear it, progress how are yeh.
Todays boilers are made to conk out, otherwise nobody would install them, why do you think they are always the first thing to go in the house as soon as the weather is bad and you need it the most? there's no profit in making a good boiler that doesn't break every so often, install a piece of shite and you'll be calling back and collecting for years to come, you know it makes sense.
We used to have the old reliable type copper boiler fitted into the back of the fire place, it never needed any maintenance and as long as the fire was on you had scalding water all the time, we had a little gas “Geyser” thing for small amounts of hot water. Of course all this was too old fashioned and the wife had it all chucked out and a brand new super boiler put in, I pitied the poor chap taking out the old boiler, he had to use a kango hammer and the sweat was pumping off him, anyway we hadn’t got the new thing in six months before it conked out, 300 quid to have it fixed, It’s all a big fiddle this boiler racket. As my son’s Italian father in law would say “Ezz terrible”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 11:21 PM

I have an Italian Boiler, fitted around the turn of the century, it has it's idiosyncrasies, but, does it's job, never expect too much from your old boiler.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 11:38 PM

Always declare your Tips to the Tax Collector.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have an Italian Boiler, fitted around the turn of the century, it has it's idiosyncrasies, but, does it's job, never expect too much from your old boiler.
I've got an Italian boiler too - she cooks spaghetti, mops the floors, cuts me hair and takes care of other needs - she too has her idio what ever you said but does the jobs!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-12-2016, 11:44 PM

I have to fiddle with her knobs, and get frustrated when she does not respond, but at the eleventh hour, she comes good with the heat.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-12-2016, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have to fiddle with her knobs, and get frustrated when she does not respond, but at the eleventh hour, she comes good with the heat.
chilli with the spaghetti heh and a red hot ffffffffff.............damn the keyboards stuck!

Page 143 of 1676 « First < 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 643 1143 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top