Join for free
Page 19 of 52 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:59 PM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oi watch it suppose you come from Yorkshire !
Me? From Yorkshire?

You must be confusing me with someone else, dear.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:04 PM

Islam came from Judaism
annie s

can you provide a reference point for this claim please?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:25 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/o...-protests.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:00 AM

It's not the size of the country it's the viciousness of the terrorists in it that are the problem.

Have you never read the Hamas Charter that states categorically its intentions .
To destroy the state of Israel .
Instead of focusing on the Hamas minority Israel should be building bridges with those Palestinians (the majority) who do not support it and who want to live peacefully. Rubbing salt in the wound by celebrating this US embassy move is pointless and damaging.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
annie s

can you provide a reference point for this claim please?
You can refute it at length if you wish.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Instead of focusing on the Hamas minority Israel should be building bridges with those Palestinians (the majority) who do not support it and who want to live peacefully. Rubbing salt in the wound by celebrating this US embassy move is pointless and damaging.

How exactly do you not focus on thousands of people intent on invading your country with intent to murder you?

It's not pointless .
It shows the Israels/US will not bow down to threats .
How is it damaging ?
There is no peace process the Palestinians have consistently refused to come to the table .
There is nothing to damage .

Israel has the right to make Jerusalem its capital the same as any sovereign state .
The Palestinians had the chance to change everything at the Camp David accords but they refused the best deal they will ever have offered to them.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/may/23/israel3
Their intransigence shows their true intent they do not want peace they want the destruction of Israel.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-05-2018, 05:41 AM

How exactly do you not focus on thousands of people intent on invading your country with intent to murder you?

It's not pointless how is it damaging ?
There is no peace process the Palestinians have consistently refused to come to the table .
There is nothing to damage .

Israel has the right to make Jerusalem its capital the same as any sovereign state .
The Palestinians had the chance to change everything at the Camp David accords but they refused the best deal they will ever have offered to them.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/may/23/israel3
Their intransigence shows their true intent they do not want peace they want the destruction of Israel.
So you think the current situation is ideal? What would you like to see change?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-05-2018, 05:53 AM

Annie you never answe any question that I pose .
You skate over them because you have no answer

However I will answer yours
Of course the current situation is not ideal .
People are suffering .
I would like to see the Gaza returned to Egypt who used to hold it .
Except that the Egyptians don't want it they loathe Hamas and don't want their poisonous presence in their country.

I would like to see a real leader emerge for the Palestinians a leader who truly believes in peace and who is not sitting in comfort in Qatar while sending useful idiots to cause trouble at the border .
For what ?

The Palestinians have to give up this 'right to return ' they are not refugees .
There are no third generation refugees .
They have been vanquished for 70 years they need to move on and learn to be at peace with their neighbours who are not going anywhere .

but violence is their way
It has gained them free handouts for 70 years .
It's has made their leaders rich men at the expense of their people .
It is not the Israelis who are causing their suffering but their own corrupt leaders.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You can refute it at length if you wish.
you miss read as usual - I didn't say I wanted to refute it - I might agree with it - I just asked for a reference point - is that so so hard to do ??
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Annie you never answe any question that I pose .
You skate over them because you have no answer

However I will answer yours
Of course the current situation is not ideal .
People are suffering .
I would like to see the Gaza returned to Egypt who used to hold it .
Except that the Egyptians don't want it they loathe Hamas and don't want their poisonous presence in their country.

I would like to see a real leader emerge for the Palestinians a leader who truly believes in peace and who is not sitting in comfort in Qatar while sending useful idiots to cause trouble at the border .
For what ?

The Palestinians have to give up this 'right to return ' they are not refugees .
There are no third generation refugees .
They have been vanquished for 70 years they need to move on and learn to be at peace with their neighbours who are not going anywhere .

but violence is their way
It has gained them free handouts for 70 years .
It's has made their leaders rich men at the expense of their people .
It is not the Israelis who are causing their suffering but their own corrupt leaders.
I thought your question was rhetorical.

I agree with most of your points above, I just see Hamas as separate from most of the Palestinians.

One of our Palestinian guides gave a lot away. He was saying that the last intifada ruined everything for people in the area we were visiting. Sanctions ruined the local economy. Life just got worse for everyone. He was not a fan of Hamas. They are just as fed up with Hamas as the Israelis are. But they get lumped with them because they don't have a proper leader.

A two state solution needs to be revisited. That's how the situation in N. Ireland was resolved isn't it?

Page 19 of 52 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top