Join for free
Page 9 of 43 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:58 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well said,WB,...
Hey Pauline, hi ......nice to see you this morning
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hii Julie ........are you a "believer" ?
Yes indeed I'm closest to being a quaker than any other organised religion but I attend mixed faith services when I can too.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes indeed I'm closest to being a quaker than any other organised religion but I attend mixed faith services when I can too.
I had to come back on line, haha, but just for a few minutes as I have some to spare before I really get into my day....

Julie, I am so happy to hear what you said, I don't know anything about Quakers, but I have never heard anything bad about them.........good on YOU Julie, I hope you are on my "friend" list. I need friends like you Julie, you help me to be strong even when the rest of the world is on another path.......

Blue x
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:13 PM

I don't profess to know all the answers Bes, I am sure you know far more than I do. I just go with what I was raised to believe. If a little girl is talked to every day about what is happening in the world and who God is.........she just eventually believes that and it is so programmed into my brain, that I don't really question anything. It is "easy" and it is "comforting" so that is all I need.

I don't need to confuse my brain that has been "brainwashed" (if you will.. hahaha) for 75 years (be 76 in December). Yes, I am probably what you would call Brainwashed.....but "is that a good thing"....YES, it is if it keeps me out of trouble, and living a good life ... and happy......
Good.
I think I also live a good life. It doesn't, in my opinion, need a belief in a divine, supernatural entity to do so.

What does it for me is all the bad things that happen in the the world that an omnipotent god, if such existed, could prevent but clearly doesn't. Why allow/cause tens of thousand a day, every day, to die of starvation if you had the power to prevent it?

There is only one rational explanation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Good.
I think I also live a good life. It doesn't, in my opinion, need a belief in a divine, supernatural entity to do so.

What does it for me is all the bad things that happen in the the world that an omnipotent god, if such existed, could prevent but clearly doesn't. Why allow/cause tens of thousand a day, every day, to die of starvation if you had the power to prevent it?

The only rational explanation I find is we aren't doing our best, we have free will we have to use it for the good. I'm not sure about omnipotence I'm more sure that God is within us and all around us a sort of energy that we all have.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:21 PM

I might ask him if he could explain Déjà vu.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Good.

I don't understand why you believe God can prevent it. But if that suits you, that ok.....

God gave us a "free will" . God doesn't make things happen, Men and Women make things happen....(nor does he prevent things from happening). You are putting a lot of responsibility on His shoulders Bes...you can't blame Him for the mess in this world. We did it! You say many die from starvation........many also live because our Churches send money and food & clothing, but I wonder how many people outisde the Church care about who is starving in the world. Why leave it up to God to fix it. Send money for their food. If everyone helped one family in the world, it would change things, but they don't do it, they just complain cause God didn't do it.

That's it for me Bes, gotta go now.....thanks for the chat, you are a good talker and a good listener.......

Blue x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:45 PM

I don't know anything about Quakers.
They only eat porridge, Bluey
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
They only eat porridge, Bluey
And Quavers.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 03:15 PM

I don't understand why you believe God can prevent it. But if that suits you, that ok.....
It isn't what suits me.
If god exists and is omnipotent he surely could. But doesn't.
If I had the power he is purported to have, I would prevent starvation and natural disasters. Wouldn't you?

God gave us a "free will"
That's a sticky one. The free will notion doesn't sit well with an omniscient god - one who transcends time and knows everything. He would thus know what you are going to do tomorrow. Even if you don't yet. That doesn't quite square with free will.

You are putting a lot of responsibility on His shoulders Bes...you can't blame Him for the mess in this world.
I'm not since I have no belief that a god exists.
I'm just trying to explain why I don't.

Page 9 of 43 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top