Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:07 PM

Re: The European Election: Results

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Freedom of choice d00d......
Tactical windup is the new tactical voting.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not so Solasch, the clue is in the name, 'The Brexit Party' whereas the Lib Dems have supporters regardless of the Brexit fiasco and have been around for many years after the Liberal and Democrat parties merged. Kind of ironic really that the democratic party have turned their backs on democracy....
Those suppoters rendered the libdem one seat in 2014 elections. Now in 2019 their profile was "remain" giving the 14 seats gain.
Farage had supporters in 2014 (just like the libdems), which gave him 24 seats in europarliament. In 2019 he opted for brexit, which translated in 29 seats. His gain was 5 seats.
If you compare just libdem remain vs brexit party's leave gains, it's 14 remain vs 5 for leave.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:22 PM

Yeah just keep telling yourself it's alright Solasch, we'll keep paying the contributions; Not.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Yeah just keep telling yourself it's alright Solasch, we'll keep paying the contributions; Not.
I'd like to see his contributions elsewhere on the forum too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'd like to see his contributions elsewhere on the forum too.
I wouldn't!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:22 AM

Why aren't remainers campaigning for non-EU countries in Europe to join up ?

Does anyone know ? Seems they are only concerned with us staying in, but nobody else joining it...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why aren't remainers campaigning for non-EU countries in Europe to join up ?

Does anyone know ? Seems they are only concerned with us staying in, but nobody else joining it...
I'm not sure exactly why the Remoaners want us to stay in the EU. I suppose that there must be several reasons.

Businessmen would like us to remain under EU rules in order to facilitate their trade with the EU countries. This is reasonable, but do they think that we shall not be able to trade with them as an independent country?

Many ordinary people want us to remain in the EU because they are worried that they will not be able to travel to EU countries on holiday. Why should we not be able to as an independent country, just as we are able to travel to non-EU countries?

Certainly there will be those (eg, the BBC) who are given financial incentives to remain in the EU. Naturally, they don't want us to leave if they will lose their income!

It is logical that for some of these reasons they should want more countries to join the EU. They could have free trade with more countries; they could go on holiday to more countries without the need for a visa; I don't see how the BBC and others would receive more money from the EU, though!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not sure exactly why the Remoaners want us to stay in the EU. I suppose that there must be several reasons.

Businessmen would like us to remain under EU rules in order to facilitate their trade with the EU countries. This is reasonable, but do they think that we shall not be able to trade with them as an independent country?

Many ordinary people want us to remain in the EU because they are worried that they will not be able to travel to EU countries on holiday. Why should we not be able to as an independent country, just as we are able to travel to non-EU countries?

Certainly there will be those (eg, the BBC) who are given financial incentives to remain in the EU. Naturally, they don't want us to leave if they will lose their income!

It is logical that for some of these reasons they should want more countries to join the EU. They could have free trade with more countries; they could go on holiday to more countries without the need for a visa; I don't see how the BBC and others would receive more money from the EU, though!

The thing is, is that not all FTA's work in favour of both countries. Invariably there are benefits and drawbacks of having them.

The only one I can think of that works in favour of both countries almost equally is NAFTA (Canada and USA).

If you look at the FTA between the EU & Canada why don't we just do that ?

1. FTA
2. No tariffs on 90% of goods and services
3. Regulatory alignment - not Single Market
4. No £10 billion a year contributions
5. Controlled immigration
6. No ECJ juristriction
7. No Customs Union
etc

Can someone favouring remaining in the EU explain why we should have EU membership instead of a Canada +++ arrangement that works for the UK and the EU equally ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 01:37 PM

How pathetic the losers are - AGAIN! Just as with the Referendum when LEAVE WON, now, in the European Elections, The Brexit Party WON AGAIN! The LOSERS had to face the cameras with long faces and endless excuses. (Anna Soubrey’s face was a picture). Then some bright spark LOSER happened to mention that if one totalled up the percentage of votes from all the LOSING parties, they would have won. What a laugh! And what a facesaving excuse to say anything but sorry for getting it so wrong.

The vile politicians and media who still fight against leaving, are beyond comprehension. They disrespected the first result in our referendum, and now predictably refuse to accept the result of the EU Election.

They, and yes, anyone who agrees with them, are disrespecting democracy in this country. You can make all the excuses in the world you want, but by refusing to accept that they have lost TWICE, and agreeing with them, you are acting in the same vein as traitors to everything that this country has held dear, fought and died for over many years. DEMOCRACY. I fully expect it from our greedy, career chasing politicians but the ordinary man and woman who voted to remain, would ever possibly back them, I find frankly astounding!
How you have the nerve to mention Democracy and Remain in the same breath fails me. Shame on each and every one of them - and you. Enough said.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-05-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
How pathetic the losers are - AGAIN! Just as with the Referendum when LEAVE WON, now, in the European Elections, The Brexit Party WON AGAIN! The LOSERS had to face the cameras with long faces and endless excuses. (Anna Soubrey’s face was a picture). Then some bright spark LOSER happened to mention that if one totalled up the percentage of votes from all the LOSING parties, they would have won. What a laugh! And what a facesaving excuse to say anything but sorry for getting it so wrong.

The vile politicians and media who still fight against leaving, are beyond comprehension. They disrespected the first result in our referendum, and now predictably refuse to accept the result of the EU Election.

They, and yes, anyone who agrees with them, are disrespecting democracy in this country. You can make all the excuses in the world you want, but by refusing to accept that they have lost TWICE, and agreeing with them, you are acting in the same vein as traitors to everything that this country has held dear, fought and died for over many years. DEMOCRACY. I fully expect it from our greedy, career chasing politicians but the ordinary man and woman who voted to remain, would ever possibly back them, I find frankly astounding!
How you have the nerve to mention Democracy and Remain in the same breath fails me. Shame on each and every one of them - and you. Enough said.

If you look at the EU Election results in the UK and just judge them on the 2 parties in the running that had no manifesto pledges, only a ticket to remain or leave, the Brexit Party won by a country mile.

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top