Join for free
Page 453 of 801 « First < 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 553 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Re: Goodnight!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I had no idea you were US bound, Sweetie Pie! I hope you had a wonderful vacation. Am I correct that you were in New Orleans? If so you were a mere three hour drive from where I live. Regardless, I hope your travels were adventurous and that my kinsmen were welcoming all along your journey. NOLA (New Orleans, LA) is a most unusual and unique place.

I hope that in our oldish age we can be true to ourselves and enjoying the world that is evolving before our very eyes...it's been quite a ride and it's getting more interesting by the minute. I would stop and scratch my head, but I am holding on for all I've got .

Goodnight fellow quinquagenarians!

Just seen your post.
I travelled from Nashville to Memphis, then Tupelo, finally New Orleans. A truly musical holiday. In Memphis, I went to the Stax Studios/museum, as well as Graceland of course.
I just love all Americans. I have been chatting to Fruitcake about my holiday in the Candy Bar (Private section as self-moderated). Fruitcake lived and worked in America.
Do pop in for a chat if you wish. I often post late at the weekends, and I know you have a 6hr time difference.
Lovely to meet you Surfermom.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2017, 10:48 PM

Goodnight All.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 12:32 AM

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 05:16 AM

How wonderful that you were on a musical pilgrimage, Sweetie pie! I will check in to the Candy Bar thread tomorrow.

The big blowhard Nate is just a few miles west now, leaving my the house rattling, drenched, and windblown, but so far without damage. I'll be up a few more hours to see if the river rises to a point that it threatens to flood the house - which would be messy but not be devastating as the bottom floor is the garage. All the preparations are made if an evacuation becomes necessary. In the meantime, I still have power and internet, so I am enjoying being up late, surfing the web, and enjoying the trees bending under the thunder and lightning.

Cheers and if you don't hear from me...send the Coast Guard ...and have May float me some Veuve Clicquot.

Goodnight!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
How wonderful that you were on a musical pilgrimage, Sweetie pie! I will check in to the Candy Bar thread tomorrow.

The big blowhard Nate is just a few miles west now, leaving my the house rattling, drenched, and windblown, but so far without damage. I'll be up a few more hours to see if the river rises to a point that it threatens to flood the house - which would be messy but not be devastating as the bottom floor is the garage. All the preparations are made if an evacuation becomes necessary. In the meantime, I still have power and internet, so I am enjoying being up late, surfing the web, and enjoying the trees bending under the thunder and lightning.

Cheers and if you don't hear from me...send the Coast Guard ...and have May float me some Veuve Clicquot.

Goodnight!
Hi

Hope everything goes well.

If you do get a flooded out Alligator,please PM me.

They taste lovely.

After Katrina, I was there, part of the UK response team.

The boring bits, chemical contamination from flooded companies.

Well, somebody has to do it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 06:00 AM

Hope you and your family survived the night safely surfermom.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-10-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Hope everything goes well.

If you do get a flooded out Alligator,please PM me.

They taste lovely.

After Katrina, I was there, part of the UK response team.

The boring bits, chemical contamination from flooded companies.

Well, somebody has to do it.
Alligator!!!!!! Yuk
What a worry for Surfermom - I hope she is OK.
Swimmy did you meet the Voodoo Queen in New Orleans?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 09:40 PM

I'm heading out with the missus for a few sups, goodnight all and stay safe.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 10:08 PM

Goodnight All.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 04:26 AM

Swimfeeders, I was part of a team rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina. I have a border collie, now 13, who was survived and was rescued from the storm surge. Interesting and important work you were doing.

Summer, tonight the debris is clear, the power is back on, the water is flowing, and the winds are eerily calm. Thank you for your good wishes!

This is Lefty. She is one of the alligators I see on most days when I am trail running. Yes, she is right there out in the open and she is so named because of a missing limb. Apparently it doesn't affect her attractiveness as she has a large new brood every year. This photo was posted early today because so many were concerned about her. It might not be a good idea to put her on a dinner plate .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lefty.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	4138

Hope Jem and the rest of you had a nice evening and a good night's sleep. I am about to keel over myself....

Goodnight!

Page 453 of 801 « First < 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 553 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top