Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 02:35 PM

Relax

Relax, don’t do it was the advice of Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Try as I might, I could never relax and not do it. I always got more and more agitated, and then I gave in and did it. I used to get terrible hay fever, right from being a child to well into my twenties, and one of the worst things about it was the intensely itchy eyes. It presented me with a real dilemma. The itch would become unbearable, yet I knew that as soon as I gave in and rubbed my eyes, it would become even worse. Once I rubbed them, and the moment of blissful relief had past, they not only started to itch again, but now they were also sore into the bargain. And so went on the vicious cycle of itching and rubbing and ever more sore eyes.

I did eventually manage to achieve my ambition of relaxing and not doing it. Not just with the itchy eyes, but right across the board with all of my hay fever symptoms. The best I was hoping for was to arrive at a position of being able to tolerate the summer misery of severe hay fever. What I actually found though, once I had willed myself into being able to ignore the steaming eyes and nose, and all the itching and sneezing, was that the damned hay fever just stopped. It went away completely.

I don’t know if Holly Johnson’s hay fever ever came back, but relaxing and not doing it definitely worked for me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 04:02 PM

Re: Relax

I suffered too Harbal. A real pain in the ass if you ask me.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 06:08 PM

I had a massive crush on Holly Johnson back in the day. I had every song, every album, I taped the top 40 every Sunday night, I had every Frankie Says T-Shirt and sang the songs in complete innocence in the middle of the supermarket. Some one asked me "Frankie says Relax, don't do it - don't do what, exactly?" I was all "I dunno....?" Good times
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suffered too Harbal. A real pain in the ass if you ask me.

Did yours go away, LD, or do you still have it?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

07-07-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I had a massive crush on Holly Johnson back in the day. I had every song, every album, I taped the top 40 every Sunday night, I had every Frankie Says T-Shirt and sang the songs in complete innocence in the middle of the supermarket. Some one asked me "Frankie says Relax, don't do it - don't do what, exactly?" I was all "I dunno....?" Good times
Actually, Pixie, I was relaxing and not doing it well before anyone ever heard of Frankie, so, technically speaking, it was me you should have had the crush on.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 06:59 PM

I'm not surprised it got banned by the BBC, disgusting, if you ask me. 😐
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:00 PM

Hahaha! But you weren't singing at the time, so.... (@ Harbal, sorry forgot to quote. Again. )
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

07-07-2021, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh please....it was not. It was fun!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

07-07-2021, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Don't be a prude, d00d.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

07-07-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Hahaha! But you weren't singing at the time, so....
No, but like Frankie, what I was saying during the worst of my hay fever bouts could have been construed as very offensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top