Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 06:57 PM

Re: Is it any wonder that violence is increasing?

What exactly ?
Come on tell what are these wonderful insights ?
Usually people use the word insight when there aren't any and they have nothing else to say .

You don't know Keezoy .
He may well be a mental health professional ( retired )
You don't know that and what does that mean do you have an insight ?

A Dr ?
A psychiatrist
A social worker ?
A helper in a mental institution ?

Nor does it make his opinion any more or less valid .
For a supposed 'mental health professional 'he lost his cool pretty quick .

So come on Pauline tell us about these great insights what exactly have you learned ?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What exactly ?
Come on tell what are these wonderful insights ?
Usually people use the word insight when there aren't any and they have nothing else to say .

You don't know Keezoy .
He may well be a mental health professional ( retired )
You don't know that and what does that mean do you have an insight ?

A Dr ?
A psychiatrist
A social worker ?
A helper in a mental institution ?

Nor does it make his opinion any more or less valid .
For a supposed 'mental health professional 'he lost his cool pretty quick .

So come on Pauline tell us about these great insights what exactly have you learned ?

Muddy,with all respect,the insight is in their posts..its not something I can really explain.

With you Muddy,you keep repeating the same old same old.a bit like me in religion....

Don't take this the wrong way,..but all I see from your posts,is the insight of a closed mind...tunnel vision.

Insight for me personally is seeing inwardly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:09 PM

Of course you can't explain it because there are no great insights .
It's just a word that you have seized on probaby used in BAC meetings everything is an insight -intangible ,unexplainable but useful when asked tricky questions.

With all due respect Pualine you would not recognise an open mind if it jumped up and bit you on the derrière.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:18 PM

Of course you can't explain it because there are no great insights .
It's just a word that you have seized on probaby used in BAC meetings everything is an insight -intangible ,unexplainable but useful when asked tricky questions.

With all due respect Pualine you would not recognise an open mind if it jumped up and bit you on the derrière.

If you say so,Muddy,..sorry if it upset you...just my observation of most of your posts..on these type of subjects.

We need to look inwardly....which imho,you don't seem to be able to do......it's like a very deep understanding is another way of explaining it.

By the way,Muddy...I don't go to BAC meetings...I walk alone in my faith.

Also,your post is insightful to me,it tells me a lot.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-07-2019, 08:25 PM

Rest assured you don't upset me Pauline
What were those great insights again ?
Did I miss these revelations?
You haven't been reading the Celestine Prophecies by any chance?
Looking inwardly is a sign of a closed mind Pauline the truly open mind is receptive to ideas and opinion .

Unfortunately yours is are not receptive you simply ignore any questions that don't suit and stick in a repetitive and meaningless sound bit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you misunderstand. I don't consider the smack to be a punishment, but where a sharp "No" is not understood the first time, a small slap works better.
Anybody who thinks you can reason with a small child is fooling themselves, because if child sees what it wants and will try to get it, especially if it is not aware that doing so could hurt more.
Personally i believe that a child learns from actions more than words.
Animals react to the tone of your voice but children often don't.
I also feel that if we treat children like precious, fragile gems, they soon learn that a telling off won't hurt.

No mother wants their child to get burned, but one day they could if you spend all your time protecting them rather than teaching them.
Twink I didn't misunderstand. It just struck me that we don't think twice about hitting a child to teach good behaviour, but we would find it painful and wrong to hit a misbehaving dog.

We also understand what hitting a dog does to its character but we are less understanding of how a child may internalise the experience.

In answer to some other posts, I wasn't talking about animal behaviour in rearing young. But human to animal dynamics.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 08:51 PM

What were those great insights again ?
Did I miss these revelations?
You haven't been reading the Celestine Prophecies by any chance?
Looking inwardly is a sign of a closed mind Pauline the truly open mind is receptive to ideas and opinion .

Unfortunately yours is are not receptive you simply ignore any questions that don't suit and stick in a repetitive and meaningless sound bit.
Muddy this and your previous three posts are totally unnecessary and personal. You appear to have little insight as to how you come across here at times. Or do you have insight and do it anyway to hurt others?

I've experienced the same type of nonsensical interrogation from you numerous times so I do have great insight on this subject! It's usually at that point that threads start heading in the bin direction.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Personal of course they are personal because yours are- as are Paulines
You seem to think that you are the only ones allowed to make personal comments .
However you don't like when the boot is on the other foot.
You don't like difficult questions - they are called nonsensical interrogation - no they are questions .

Sometimes you write good posts Annie and i always commend you for it sometimes you write utter tosh and i say that too .

My insight is that some posters don't like to answer awkward but perfectly reasonable questions.

instead they resort to snide ad hominin -closed mind- indeed but not a crackpot one track mind- at least not very much
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:13 PM

I love this place for its open mindedness, ability to discuss in a fiendly fashion and that feel good factor of affable bonhomie.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-07-2019, 09:24 PM

Personal of course they are personal because yours are- as are Paulines
You seem to think that you are the only ones allowed to make personal comments .
However you don't like when the boot is on the other foot.
You don't like difficult questions - they are called nonsensical interrogation - no they are questions .

Sometimes you write good posts Annie and i always commend you for it sometimes you write utter tosh and i say that too .

My insight is that some posters don't like to answer awkward but perfectly reasonable questions.

instead they resort to snide ad hominin -closed mind- indeed but not a crackpot one track mind- at least not very much
Other than bringing up your insight posts, where have I been personal on this thread? How often do I make comments like this?

Your relentless bloodhounding and hairsplitting of minor details is totally unnecessary and ruins many a good thread.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top