Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Re: What will she do if???

I am not the most perceptive of blokes but I am beginning to get an inkling that we Scots are not popular south of the border
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I am not the most perceptive of blokes but I am beginning to get an inkling that we Scots are not popular south of the border
Some are!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Not so Scot! Its only that your representatives in westminster make
more noise than a regiment of bagpipes and take 60% of HOC
time? Our lots bad enough but you lot take the bicuit!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 08:49 PM

Well I hope it was a choccy one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by donkeyman ->
not so scot! Its only that your representatives in westminster make
more noise than a regiment of bagpipes and take 60% of hoc
time? Our lots bad enough but you lot take the bicuit!!
Regards donkeyman!
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:29 PM

May I remind folks on here of a few facts:-
1. Hadrians Wall was built before England and Scotland existed.
2. The Wall is in England throughout it’s entire length.
3. Scotland and England are now politically poles apart.
4. I / we respect England’s choice to follow a certain path, please respect our choice to follow a different one.
5. Anti-English rhetoric is not tolerated in the SNP. ( you won’t believe me but there it is)
6. Xenophobic/ Racist rants are counter productive and are symptomatic of a deeper malaise.
7. The job of the SNP contingent in Westminster is to make themselves heard. If you think the 35 were loud, wait for the 48!
8. It’s Christmas, the season of good will. Merry Christmas, the New Year will be “interesting”!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-12-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
4. I / we respect England’s choice to follow a certain path, please respect our choice to follow a different one.
5. Anti-English rhetoric is not tolerated in the SNP. ( you won’t believe me but there it is)
6. Xenophobic/ Racist rants are counter productive and are symptomatic of a deeper malaise.
7. The job of the SNP contingent in Westminster is to make themselves heard. If you think the 35 were loud, wait for the 48!
8. It’s Christmas, the season of good will. Merry Christmas, the New Year will be “interesting”!
1. Absolutely correct.
2. Again, correct. The Antonine wall was, of course, much further north. However, I would not suggest any new wall would be built there. I think a good compromise is the present national border. We keep Berwick, though!
3. True, though I believe we are sociologically much closer.
4. I respect Scotland's choice of path, assuming the majority wish it.
5. A fair amount is apparent when the Fish Woman is up and speaking.
6. Not guilty. As I have mentioned before, I have friends and relatives in Scotland as well as locally.
7. Oh, I can't wait. The trouble is it will be 48 versions of exactly the same: independence!
8. The New Year will indeed be interesting. In England alone we have two diametrically opposing factions: the democratic Right and the undemocratic Left. Then there is Londonistan: a completely separate country these days. Merry Christmas.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 05:23 PM

Looks like SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford will have to thank Boris for landing him with a huge windfall.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-porridge.html
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
May ye lang reek Weedeek!
Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
May ye lang reek Weedeek!
Donkeyman!
And your lum too, wi' ither folks coal!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top