Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 12:44 PM

Re: Are you organised?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I just go down each aisle and pick out the items I need. I don't have a list. If you stick to the layout you don't usually miss anything.
The problem with that is that they move things around and you can't so easily find what you want/need.
I think it's a deliberate ploy to get you to look at other things that you might not otherwise.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Strewth Besoeker!

I'd go stark raving bonkers if I had to faff about like that doing spread sheets before I went shopping!
Most people just write a shopping list - and go.

If you don't mind me saying, I can't see why that is anything to do with being an engineer whatsoever.
How many engineers are there who would make a spreadsheet to go shopping I wonder?
Yep Mups, I'll hold my hands up to that one.....Besoeker is absolutely right....
I'm frightingley organised....Annoyingly organised, in fact this post should be in the 'What annoys you' thread.....

I have a spreadsheet list documenting everything we buy from Tesco.....
Mrs Fox or myself just scribble out the things we don't want each week.
It's even laid out in order of how it is found at the supermarket and even amended when things get moved so you can visit the store and progress round without going back.

We use the hand scanners and place the goods in two specially sized boxes that sit in the trolley, unless we are selected for a check (very rare) things do not come out of the boxes until we are home and unpacking them. Into the boot, and out into the house....

My underwear and socks are rotated each week to facilitate even wear, and the same clothes are worn each day summer or winter.....(changed regularly for washing obviously)
I pack my own luggage when going away, and am responsible for the obsessive tidyness of my wardrobe and drawers.

Like Floydy with his music, so I am with my running, every run I have ever done has a distance, time, and comment going back over forty years.
I also run a parallel bank account on a database and check it regularly with my banks to make sure we are singing from the same sheet, and to see at a glance my incomings and outgoings.

Being an apprentice trained engineer, I never borrow tools, if I need a tool I will buy it.
And I only grudgingly lend tools....
I cook dinner Monday to Friday and prepare menus a week in advance, and dinner is served at six thirty prompt....Unless we eat out....
I could go on, but it's time for lunch.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
The problem with that is that they move things around and you can't so easily find what you want/need.
I think it's a deliberate ploy to get you to look at other things that you might not otherwise.
But you soon get used to the new locations, Besoeker. It's also nice to try new foods for a change.
Also, it's good to change things around once in a while. We would hate to be set in our ways wouldn't we? How boring would life be if we only did the same things over and over again?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do try, put things away in a safe place, then spend hours trying to find them again.

Is this a man thing?

I am dreading today, got to find some important paperwork.
No, I am never organised.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 12:59 PM

I’m fairly organised but not to the extent of using a spreadsheet.

I keep a notebook in the kitchen and just jot down daily anything I need in my next shop. Easy-peasy that way
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:02 PM

You don't get it?
It saved the faffing about. It was all listed without having to write anything down.That was the whole point of creating the one spread sheet. Not sheets.
And it prevents you missing things off that you need. As a busy dad......

So you bought the same products every week?...then the children could choose one item for themselves ,which wasn't on the spreadsheet?

Sounds like a military operation!....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:03 PM

But you soon get used to the new locations, Besoeker. It's also nice to try new foods for a change.
Also, it's good to change things around once in a while. We would hate to be set in our ways wouldn't we? How boring would life be if we only did the same things over and over again?
A couple of points if I may?
We get our groceries delivered so we rarely go to supermarkets for that.

My dear wife is a brilliant cook and we have new dishes regularly. The other night it was Cuban pulled pork. Amazing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:08 PM

My dear wife is a brilliant cook and we have new dishes regularly. The other night it was Cuban pulled pork. Amazing.
So why don't you just go through the online supermarket's range of products? I can't see that as being such a problem tbh.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:09 PM

There is nothing quite like shopping in a supermarket...

I hate people choosing my food for me...especially fruit,veg,meat...I like to look at what I buy....up close.

Unless you are unable to...then it's a different story.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:09 PM

No Floydy, same things every week; it would be a waste of good thinking time if you had to think what you were going to eat every day....

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top