Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:46 AM

The Race For The White House

We're in the middle of a political election year for president in the United States. The Republicans, who have done absolutely nothing over the past 4 years, are fighting amongst themselves to determine who will run against president Obama. It's a 3 dog race with all throwing mud and money around like it means nothing. I'm sitting back and getting a laugh out of the whole process because they are giving Obama people plenty of ammo once it's down to just one candidate. I hope they spend every dime they've got getting the Republican nomination because Obama isn't spending a dime. In my humble opinion Obama has been one of the best presidents we've had in decades. He will certainly get my vote once again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:59 AM

Re: The Race For The White House

Bob from what I have heard of the campagn so far it does seem 'no holds barred' with all kinds of nasty insinuations being made about candidates and their families. There is a long way to go yet to voting day so no doubt lots more 'dirt' will be dug up .

I can't really comment on Obama, he doesn't seem to be reported on a great deal over here and I wondered if he had lived up to the expectations of many Americans.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bob from what I have heard of the campagn so far it does seem 'no holds barred' with all kinds of nasty insinuations being made about candidates and their families. There is a long way to go yet to voting day so no doubt lots more 'dirt' will be dug up .

I can't really comment on Obama, he doesn't seem to be reported on a great deal over here and I wondered if he had lived up to the expectations of many Americans.
In my opinion he has done everything he promised to do.

1. He got our boys out of Iraq.
2. He saved our banking institutions & auto industry & quite possibly the world's economy.
3. He passed a health care plan for those who don't have it.
4. He took care of business with Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden & Moammar Kadafi.
5. After being handed the worst recession since the great depression he's turning the country around. Unemployment is dropping and our economy is growing.
6. He enacted credit card & banking reform to stop the rich from ripping off the poor.

Keep in mind he did all this without a single vote from the stinking Republicans.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 12:22 PM

It's a fact Bob that whatever you think of Obama, the republican candidates make him look like the only option for president. They do look a particularly awful bunch this time around....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Well I know nothing these days about polatics, I mean would you want too, but I liked Obama from the beginning for the one thing and that is "He looks alive and sounds as though he means what he says." Sorry Bob he is your president and I shouldnt pass an opinion.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 01:51 PM

Not much into American politics, or even ours here in Canada really, but I have to agree with Bob on this. Obama is taking to the airways tonight with his 3rd State of the Union Address, which I will just catch the highlights of tomorrow and spend the time with a good book as it will take over all the tv channels.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 04:51 PM

not into it full stop there all the same
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Happen to catch Sean Penn on Peirs Morgan last night and found what he was saying pretty much the way I feel. Why can't it be that easy?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_mid...k-santorum.cnn
bobmielke
Portland, OR

25-01-2012, 11:16 AM

As a follow up to my original post I listened to president Obama's State of the Union address to our nation last night. I was emotionally touched by his speech as he continued to try and pull our waring political parties together to work for a healthy, productive country once again. This was not his the first attempt at doing so. Our Political parties are deadlocked in special interests that has congress receiving the lowest public satisfaction rating in history. No one has any faith in Washington to simply do their job. As I mentioned in my original post president Obama will certainly get my vote toward a second term in office. He has his heart dedicated toward our nation's future.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 11:43 AM

I think if I voted in the USA Obama would get my vote as well Bob. We only know what we read and see, but to me he appears to be the right person for President, with the personality, integrity and the energy to do the job.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top