Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 03:25 PM

A Real Tear Jerker

A Real Tear Jerker.

'No Charge'
is a country music song,

Made famous by country singer
Melba Montgomery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 03:44 PM

Re: A Real Tear Jerker

Rather twee for my taste Michael....
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 04:12 PM

No problem.
'Time has gone
and nothing ever can replace
Those great, so great
Young and innocent days'
(The Kinks)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 08:31 PM

My favourite version of "no charge" I heard many years ago sung by Tammy Wynette and I think her version was the best.

Kinks - oh yes please!! - Thank you for the days.
Michael
Near London,UK

07-11-2012, 10:44 PM

Tammy Wynette did an excellent job on that song.
http://tinyurl.com/bwstqsj
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:41 PM

The missus loves all the sentimental songs Michael, anyday now I'll be bombarded with Jim Reeves and the memory of that old Christmas card, I don't mind as long as it keeps her happy, the only one I really detest is Bobby Goldsboro and "Honey", I make a bee line out to the shed when she plays it. yuk yuk yuk!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:52 PM

What's wrong with Bobby Goldsboro and Honey Jem ?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What's wrong with Bobby Goldsboro and Honey Jem ?
Oh God Rena I just can't stand it. I think it goes back to a place I worked in many years ago, the bosses Daughter had a record player and she never stopped playing it all day long, she was a right spoiled bitch too, when she knew it was becoming intolerable to the rest of us she enjoyed it more, eventually the foreman had a word with her father and that was the end of it, she and the record player was banned from the workshop. Fair play to anyone who likes the song, but you can now see my side of it.
Footnote: I met one of the other workmen recently in a pub and the first thing he said to me was 'Howya Honey" I nearly poured my pint over him, but we had a good laugh in the end.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2012, 02:19 PM

I understand Jem, really I do.
It's strange how songs and music can so easily bring back such vivid memories of the past and create such emotion. I remember my mum really hated "Greensleeves" - I loved that piece of music and so did my dad. We often put it on just to annoy her and I never did find out why she hated it so much, but she must have had her reasons.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top