Join for free
Page 51 of 83 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 03:45 PM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by manasota ->
and I do apply that principle.

I wont vote for anyone that I would be ashamed to be associated with just because they say one or two things that I may agree with.
Neither would I.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Just be careful what you are voting for, stop thinking of yourself and think more of our grandkids future.
And that I am sure is the criteria we all adopt when casting our vote...whoever it's for.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Nothing at all wrong with curbing immigration is there?

Are you advocating rounding up all immigrants who are already here legally and sending them to Siberia for instance?

Facism springs to mind here.

I won't demean myself in answering this Pats - your knowledge and appreciation of political idealogy and principles would appear to be very limited if not non-existent.
Pats
Lincolnshire

09-05-2014, 04:59 PM

.. your knowledge and appreciation of political idealogy and principles would appear to be very limited if not non-existent.
Thank you for providing me with the perfect reply.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I won't demean myself in answering this Pats - your knowledge and appreciation of political idealogy and principles would appear to be very limited if not non-existent.
So what is your knowledge and appreciation and political principles about ..only reading all your comments you seem very left wing ...: and seem to want to welcome mass immigration into this country. Which I understand size for size is the most overcrowded country in the EU ..apart from Malta ..
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Where did I say that? You are very good at creating straw men to argue against.

Many younger people are less negative about the EU simply because they have never experienced an alternative and, as we know people can become institutionalised and don't like to challenge the status quo. Without the perspective of time, it is very difficult for people to visualise radical change. I don't know anyone of my generation who thinks that they lived in a "golden day" - far from it - which is why some of us want positive change not more of the same exploitation and corruption.
The real conservatives are people like you who hate the idea of change and cling to the dire warnings of our corporate lords and masters.
Au contraire. Its the dynamics of change that has resulted in human progress, and offers the best hope for the mass of humanity. The EU is a prime example of change, progressing from the European Coal & Steel Community in 1951 to now. It will continue to change - with or without the UK (or maybe just England if Scotland goes its own way).

Our 'corporate lords and masters' are the international capitalists - merchant bankers like....oh yes,Nigel Farage. To change what really oppresses us requires a change to the system, the capitalist system. I'm up for this real change, are you?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
To change what really oppresses us requires a change to the system, the capitalist system. I'm up for this real change, are you?
Very definitely, but it won't be achieved through voting for one of the three neo-liberal parties. It won't be achieved through supporting the EU rich man's club. It won't be achieved by voting for UKIP either, but it will be fun to worry the Lib/Lab/Con Tory parties.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 12:30 PM

Very definitely, but it won't be achieved through voting for one of the three neo-liberal parties. It won't be achieved through supporting the EU rich man's club. It won't be achieved by voting for UKIP either, but it will be fun to worry the Lib/Lab/Con Tory parties.
Our forefathers and mothers didn't fight - and sometimes die - to obtain the right to vote, so we could have 'fun' playing with it. And there are many millions around the world, still would give their right arms for our rights. Ukip wont change anything (they are merely right wing Tories, have you actually seen their published 'policies' ?), but any success for them will provide much relief to our ruling class that the masses are not interested in real change.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 12:53 PM

UKIP aren't just right wing Tories, they are a pretty random mixture of people who are united only by (a) their opposition to the EU; and (b) their opposition to mass immigration. The other three Tory parties are avid supporters of both.
By co-opting the three main neo-liberal Tory parties, the corporate rich have (up to now) removed any real choice from our democracy. UKIP are at least offering people a (very) limited choice, and more importantly, a chance to tell the other parties that we have had enough!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 04:54 PM

So where's me T.72 tank to storm the barricades comrade???

Page 51 of 83 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top