Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 09:57 AM

Your Cat Does Not Care About You

Researchers (Yes that lot) have discovered that this is because cats don't see their owners as a source of safety and security in the same way dogs do, making them much more independent and less reliant.

In particular, they found cats don't suffer from separation anxiety and any noise they make when their owner leaves is more likely to be out of boredom or frustration.

Does this article make you purr..or hiss

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz3kl7HGZym
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 10:02 AM

Re: Your Cat Does Not Care About You

Ah - the experts again
I think the owners will know whether their pet loves them ..............
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 10:04 AM

Hahaha ive always thought the little darlings were a law unto themselves Solo...im still pleased to have shared my life with such gorgeous(self obsessed) creatures so I purr at the article lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 10:26 AM

Every little boy already knew that, didn’t need any ‘Experts’ to tell them. My granny had three cats and two dogs when my brother and me were boys, the two dogs were most affectionate towards us but the cats always kept their distance, I know there are plenty of cat lovers here and good luck to them, they know their cats far better than anyone else, but I think the cats only hang around for the grub. Give me a dog anyday.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 10:36 AM

I returned yesterday evening after being 'elsewhere' for a week and was expecting the cats to ignore us entirely.
Nope !

OK they didn't rush up to us and leap about frantically like dogs, because cats are not pack animals and a little decorum (politeness) is required.
I'd say they were pleased to see us and are happy that we're all together again.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 10:46 AM

Have to agree with Jem...cats are notoriously fickle where food is concerned.

My neighbour feeds her cat very well on excellent tinned food (her choice) but he is always at my door looking pathetically half starved (a trick cats have) the minute I start serving chicken, meat etc
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 10:58 AM

I haven't any cats now, but used to have years ago. I found them to be independent but capable of affection also. I do not think they are loyal to one person like dogs often are though. Mine would rub round a visitor's legs who they didn't know from Adam, just as much as they would mine. You would also see them doing the same behaviour to a tree trunk a table leg, or anything they felt suitable at the time.
Sometimes we see only what we want to see, and misinterpret things.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I haven't any cats now, but used to have years ago. I found them to be independent but capable of affection also. I do not think they are loyal to one person like dogs often are though. Mine would rub round a visitor's legs who they didn't know from Adam, just as much as they would mine. You would also see them doing the same behaviour to a tree trunk a table leg, or anything they felt suitable at the time.
Sometimes we see only what we want to see, and misinterpret things.
Rubbing on people, objects is the how to transfer their smell.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 11:24 AM

Thing is about cats is they don't take half your leg off if you run past them.

Cats for me. Dogs - pfff - nothing but noise, teeth and liabilities.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 11:32 AM

Well I know Coco cares about us, she hates being left on her own, and gets so excited when she sees us.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top