Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 01:34 PM

Re: What makes you feel secure?

I began to feel secure when I began to gain some self-confidence after my teenage years. The RAF did that for me, plus I started the bodybuilding in my twenties as well which helps me feel safe when walking home sometimes after a night out. People don't mess if you've got big arms lol
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 02:33 PM

The only time I feel insecure is when we are on the motorway and it's nothing to do with my husband's driving 😂

Last September we were driving in a fifty mile restriction area and a huge lorry overtook us at speed and then started to pull into our lane before he had overtaken us, my husband had to pull onto the hard shoulder until he was out of the way. It was terrifying. Not felt secure on the motorway since.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My bottle of liquid morphine.

Seriously, though, for anyone who doesn't know, I have incurable cancer and have infections on top of that. I just got out of hospital and, although in some pain, have laid off the painkillers too much because I know how easy it is to get accustomed to them.

Last night, though, I said, "sod it" and had a proper dose of the liquid morphine. It took away the pain and made me sleepy around midnight and I did feel better.
I'm glad you got some relief Ffosse.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Good for you Ffosse , whatever helps TBH.

What makes me feel secure is my home, my husband & family and my health.
I have just been up to A/E for a painful ankle & the GP told me it was my tendons and nothing to worry about , keep taking the "Para" and it will go as soon as it arrived.
I have to praise the NHS as I was seen within 15 mins.
Smile
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:47 PM

I feel secure just knowing family are close by in case of an emergency...
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 04:05 PM

I guess I feel emotionally insecure but am a fighter and say well don't let the barst.... get you down.

could get a small yorkie I guess but taking it for a walk wd be a problem.

Thinking of you Ffossexxx sarah
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 04:49 PM

I don't feel very secure at the moment after leaving hospital as there I was constantly linked to a monitor which set off alarms every time I stopped breathing and my heart stopped.

In real life I feel secure when I am with people I like and trust. Trust is really important to feeling secure. Especially with a partner in your life it's essential as you both need to feel secure with each other. If you and a partner are unhappy it's better to work it out rather than cheat. Hate that. Lying does not make things secure.
The same with friends, there must be trust for a secure lasting friendship.

It's nice to feel safe and secure in your home, your little nest. Where you can sleep knowing your safe and the bogey man cannot get you and the circling wolves cannot get in as the doors strong, locked and bolted.
And also that the thieves in stripey jumpers with their bags marked swag cannot steal your valuable items.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:13 PM

Sorry Sarah. I seem to have done my usual trick of posting on a thread which closed it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Hi

Feeling secure is a state of mind.

I have always felt secure in my own abilities.

Ill health has had a severe effect on me.

I have been ripped off big time,not something that has ever happened before.

I am getting better,so feelling much more confident now.

A change in my life,I welcome it.

No longer a feeling of hopelessness, time to look forward to a better life.

I am far more positive now.

Some things I will let go, just learn from them.

The NHS and the Plumbers I am up for big time.

I have got my fighting mood back.

I feel much better for it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I don't feel very secure at the moment after leaving hospital as there I was constantly linked to a monitor which set off alarms every time I stopped breathing and my heart stopped.

In real life I feel secure when I am with people I like and trust. Trust is really important to feeling secure. Especially with a partner in your life it's essential as you both need to feel secure with each other. If you and a partner are unhappy it's better to work it out rather than cheat. Hate that. Lying does not make things secure.
The same with friends, there must be trust for a secure lasting friendship.

It's nice to feel safe and secure in your home, your little nest. Where you can sleep knowing your safe and the bogey man cannot get you and the circling wolves cannot get in as the doors strong, locked and bolted.
And also that the thieves in stripey jumpers with their bags marked swag cannot steal your valuable items.
MC it is quite natural to feel that way under the circumstances and after all you have been through recently.
I am sure you will feel secure again as your health improves and you get your confidence back.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top