Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:44 PM

Re: Bagels

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sainsburys cinnamon & raisin bagel warmed in the oven - mmmm ... lovely with my salad
Even better without the salad.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Well Muddy, i'm with ST on this, don't buy Bagels from Supermarkets or Cafes, you have to go to the proper Jewish Bakery and have Cream Cheese and Gherkin or Salt Beef.

Look up on the Internet a Jewish Bakers in your area and try one.
It's the same with all bread TBH. Supermarkets make fast produced, mass-produced unhealthy crap in a variety of forms. That lovely smell of fresh bread in their bakeries IS NOT freshly made bread. It is frozen bread being revitalised in their ovens to sell you.

Loaves, English Muffins, Bagels whatever. All utter crap full of toxic ingredients you don't want in your body.

Always go to a genuine baker, An Artisan Bakery for bread, or Jewish bakery for Bagels and so on. Failing that just learn to make these things yourself. It really is not difficult.
Examples:

English Muffins

Iranian Barbari Bread

French Baguette & Epi

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:55 PM

That Iranian bread looks delicious, Realist, any chance of the recipe?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's the same with all bread TBH. Supermarkets make fast produced, mass-produced unhealthy crap in a variety of forms. That lovely smell of fresh bread in their bakeries IS NOT freshly made bread. It is frozen bread being revitalised in their ovens to sell you.

Loaves, English Muffins, Bagels whatever. All utter crap full of toxic ingredients you don't want in your body.

Always go to a genuine baker, An Artisan Bakery for bread, or Jewish bakery for Bagels and so on. Failing that just learn to make these things yourself. It really is not difficult.
Examples:

English Muffins

Iranian Barbari Bread

French Baguette & Epi

Where's the bagel then?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 09:16 PM

OK - Hands up - who has nicked my Jewish Cookbook? It was there on the shelf last Tuesday - not there now! No more Bagels until it is found.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That Iranian bread looks delicious, Realist, any chance of the recipe?
Will PM
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

13-04-2019, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Will PM
Thank you.
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:33 PM

I have to agree with the O/P, I was persuaded several years ago to try one, and nothing will ever convince me to try another...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

18-04-2019, 04:08 PM

My Jewish cookery book has still not surfaced. It is a well loved, well used rather tatty paperback - but I love it - and want it back. If found - please return!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My Jewish cookery book has still not surfaced. It is a well loved, well used rather tatty paperback - but I love it - and want it back. If found - please return!

Don't need bagels, can (and have done last week) made my own bread pudding - when warm goes very nicely with some custard, when cold is a real old fashioned rib-sticker !!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top