Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 01:51 PM

Over 60s Activities?

We`ve been sent details of a new govt grant for providing activities for over 60s.
I thought a good plan would be to put on `taster sessions` and see what was popular first.
ATM I`m looking at the following:

Coach Trip to London. Possibly Imp War Museum or similar. And / or a market

A Tea Dance (with a teacher if needed)

Creative Writing Workshop

Painting and Drawing class

A Craft Workshop - possibly Textiles.

Any ideas, guys? What would you like to see or do with others?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Re: Over 60s Activities?

Computer literacy

Astronomy

Local History

There are a million subjects, you first need to do a bit of research and find out what is missing from the area around you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 03:51 PM

How about a river cruise??? From Westminster pier one can take a river cruise UP the Thames to Hampton Court Palace (takes 4 hours on the river). If you happen to pick a good summer's day - it can be a very pleasant journey.

Alternatively, from the same pier, in the opposite direction - (DOWN) river to Greenwich and the Greenwich Naval Museum and Greenwich meridian museum (on the top of the hill). This takes approximately 2 hours down river past all the 'sights' of London, e.g London Eye, The Monument, St: Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London and Tower Bridge, Globe Theatre etc, etc and so forth.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Excellent idea about the river cruise.
We`re an Arts organisation, providing arts activities in the community so need to stay within our remit. (I should have said that first really. )
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
We`re an Arts organisation, providing arts activities in the community so need to stay within our remit. (I should have said that first really. )
That river cruise sounds great to me too, wish I was going
The day outings were always the most popular over here in the Summertime, everyone had a smashing time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 05:17 PM

In which case - Hampton Court Palace is a MUST - gallery after gallery of paintings and Tapestries.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How about a river cruise??? From Westminster pier one can take a river cruise UP the Thames to Hampton Court Palace (takes 4 hours on the river). If you happen to pick a good summer's day - it can be a very pleasant journey.

Alternatively, from the same pier, in the opposite direction - (DOWN) river to Greenwich and the Greenwich Naval Museum and Greenwich meridian museum (on the top of the hill). This takes approximately 2 hours down river past all the 'sights' of London, e.g London Eye, The Monument, St: Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London and Tower Bridge, Globe Theatre etc, etc and so forth.
Yes Joe, that cruise sounds great to me too. I haven't been to London since 1983 so I must talk BH into a visit for a couple of days this Spring. Thanks for the prompt!
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 06:01 PM

No No No not the Imperial War Museum. Substitute the British Museum instead !
claireandaisy
Essex

02-02-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->
No No No not the Imperial War Museum. Substitute the British Museum instead !
Personally, I agree - but the groups love the IWM - particularly the 1940s House which is excellent. Like travelling in time.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2011, 08:28 PM

We`ve been sent details of a new govt grant for providing activities for over 60s.
I thought a good plan would be to put on `taster sessions` and see what was popular first.
ATM I`m looking at the following:

Coach Trip to London. Possibly Imp War Museum or similar. And / or a market

A Tea Dance (with a teacher if needed)

Creative Writing Workshop

Painting and Drawing class

A Craft Workshop - possibly Textiles.

Any ideas, guys? What would you like to see or do with others?
Posing for next year's Senior Calendar.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top