Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
BrianH
Hornchurch, UK
BrianH is male  BrianH has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Re: How do you keep fit and healthy?

Thanks Meg, I'm enjoying doing something positive, was a couch potato for too long. Only thing is have a few more aches the morning after though
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by BrianH ->
Thanks Meg, I'm enjoying doing something positive, was a couch potato for too long. Only thing is have a few more aches the morning after though :-)
I know the feeling Brian having spent two days tidying up the garden and hauling the waste to the tip equal to weight lifting I think .
BrianH
Hornchurch, UK
BrianH is male  BrianH has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:49 AM

Think you're probably right Meg! I'm sure your little dog lends a paw though
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 12:48 PM

I buy a bag of Salt N Shake crisps once a week for my weekly workout
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 06:07 AM

I swim around 50-60 lengths Monday to Friday in the early morning. I also walk with the dog for a couple of hours around lunch time and we go to agility twice a week, that little lot keeps me fit-ish. I try to eat healthy but like Julie ....I too have my moments. I think my days of being a size 12 are long gone.
BrianH
Hornchurch, UK

31-10-2014, 05:32 AM

Hi Roxy, sorry for late response, have been away on a late holiday. Wow 50-60 lengths, phew makes me tired thinking about it. Had a little dog till a couple of weeks ago but we had to have her put to sleep. very sad.
May get another one. Miss her.
Keep swimming and jogging, all good stuff
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by BrianH ->
Hi All, just joined this forum for primarily to find 50+ people who try to get or stay fit. I've managed to lose a lot of weight, and am trying to get into weight training. At the moment I'm going 3-4 times a week. Foodwise I keep a check on the amount I eat by using 'My fitness pal' App.
It allows you to keep a check on calories and nutrition.
Sounds like your definitely in the zone Brian. Well done for making such an effort. I swim five times a week. When you find what's right for you then you're more likely to stick with it.
BrianH
Hornchurch, UK

31-10-2014, 08:43 AM

Hi Alice, thanks for the vote of confidence. I pretty much enjoy trying it (most of the time.) a little worried with Christmas coming upon us and the temptation to eat & drink a little too much will be a downfall.
Swimming 5 times a week is fantastic, well done!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

31-10-2014, 08:46 AM

Even if you gain a pound or two over Christmas, I'm sure it'll come off again in January!

I feel better after a swim - as if I've made an effort lol.
BrianH
Hornchurch, UK

31-10-2014, 11:39 AM

I'm sure it will Alice, haven't come this far to throw it all away.
Hope your swim went well today

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top