Join for free
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 04:10 PM

The White Cliffs Of Dover

Many of you must live close. So beautiful.

galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Re: The White Cliffs Of Dover

A view of the seven sisters looking to wards Beachy head.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 08:43 PM

Nice pictures folks.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 11:49 PM

galty, your picture surely beats mine. Thanks.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2010, 10:23 AM

My friend and I are walking the South Downs Way, one of the stretches goes along the Seven Sisters, it is a stunning walk, especially on a clear day (which we were fortunate to have).
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2010, 01:33 PM

Lovely pics
It's not just Dover/Kent which has white cliffs though
Look at The Jurassic Coast
Lovely website here
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
My friend and I are walking the South Downs Way, one of the stretches goes along the Seven Sisters, it is a stunning walk, especially on a clear day (which we were fortunate to have).

I took that picture on the 18 of Dec 2005 at about 1pm

Temp 5c and no wind, well wrapped up and on walking back to the car started sweating like a pig.

The picture shows the Cuck Mouth and you can just make out the Customs houses at the bottom.

Opposite these houses (built 1820) in a field there is a stone Cairn with a plaque stating(from memory)

"This stone was erected to remember the unknown dead of the Canadian Army who in 1940 bivouacked(sp) here.

A local Home guard warned the CO that the German Bombers use the Cuck valley as a marker on their bombing runs.

At 6am as the troops where awaking two Messerchetts flew in machine gunning them in their tents.

The Co who occupied one of the houses was shaving at the time and a cannon shell came through the bathroom wall and killed him"

I wonder if the CO picked that spot because he had a house to live in.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 11:40 AM

Lovely photos all. I envy your ability to take them. Here's one or two of the Haceta Head Lighthouse near Florence, Oregon in the USA. It's the most photographed lighthouse in the states.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top