Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 03:11 PM

Re: Elderly Exercise?

Blimey Meg, I eat like a horse when I am out running four days a week, I also eat like a horse if ever I'm not running - perhaps through injury - but since I retired, I treat running with a more leisurely attitude, [not the need for speed] and [touch wood] have not sustained any injury's for a couple of years now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Blimey Meg, I eat like a horse when I am out running four days a week, I also eat like a horse if ever I'm not running - perhaps through injury - but since I retired, I treat running with a more leisurely attitude, [not the need for speed] and [touch wood] have not sustained any injury's for a couple of years now.
Well running or not don't eat for too many horses Robert
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 03:17 PM

Aye You're right Meg..when I'm really busy as I have been for a few days painting,I don't think of food..I also think I eat more if I'm not so active and I get bored...munch munch :~(
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 06:56 PM

I still go to my local gym and do 3 or 4 circuits - I can be in and out in less than an hour and that includes 10 minutes hoola hooping.
I was not well a while back and lost 7lbs but I think it's going back on now. Have to be careful as we get older, being too thin can be very ageing so I don't aim to lose weight but tone up and keep fit, generally.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's a good idea May, sadly don't have room for one but perhaps when we move although then I hope we will be somewhere where we can walk outside easier.
It might be worth checking out your local Age UK, to see if it has a gym like my local branch does. This one has 3 bikes, a cross-trainer and 3 treadmills as well as about 10 or 12 machines for building up various muscle groups, all of the machines being hydraulic, so no loose weights to bother with.

There's no membership fee, and it only costs £1 per session and a session can be for as short or long a period as you like. You can pop in for a brisk 10 minute walk or you can spend all day in there. It's a nice atmosphere because no-one has anything to prove, and people are very sociable. Once you've been in for an induction with the fitness coordinator, you're good to go.

I train about 3 or 4 hours a week, usually, but prefer more if I can fit it in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 09:26 PM

I'm only 52 I think ageuk might think me too young = doesn't happen often these days
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
A treadmill's a good idea,You can set it to suit Your needs..You can also watch Tele' and eat an apple at the same time
:~)...works for Me when the weather is bad like it's been here.
I hired a treadmill May and I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact you could do certain programmes on it. I'm thinking of hiring it again.

Other than that its walking and swimming for me.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=Myra;653659]I hired a treadmill May and I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact you could do certain programmes on it. I'm thinking of hiring it again.[QUOTE]

Last year I bought an inexpensive, manual treadmill and quite enjoy it.
It's also useful for hanging the washing on, so def a good buy
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Rachel;653664][QUOTE=Myra;653659]I hired a treadmill May and I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact you could do certain programmes on it. I'm thinking of hiring it again.

Last year I bought an inexpensive, manual treadmill and quite enjoy it.
It's also useful for hanging the washing on, so def a good buy
Rachel I had an exercise bike that also became a clothes horse
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Myra;653710][QUOTE=Rachel;653664]
Originally Posted by Myra ->
I hired a treadmill May and I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact you could do certain programmes on it. I'm thinking of hiring it again.
Rachel I had an exercise bike that also became a clothes horse
Eminently sensible

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top