Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:45 PM

Re: Hmmmmm fitness ? my bike

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
That's why I listen to Classical Music provided by Radio Swiss Classic! And I look out of the window as well.
I have used an exercise bike on and off since 1961, all weather, no hills. I too listen to music both classic and rock, second only to swimming as the best way of exercising. The nearest swimming pool is about 12 miles away, my bike is always there waiting for me, it does clank a bit now but that just adds to its charm.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
I have used an exercise bike on and off since 1961, all weather, no hills. I too listen to music both classic and rock, second only to swimming as the best way of exercising. The nearest swimming pool is about 12 miles away, my bike is always there waiting for me, it does clank a bit now but that just adds to its charm.
Well done M&M. I have to hand it to you that you have had good use from your exercise bike. I know I'd start off being enthusiastic, then it would lie in a corner. Well done you
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Well done M&M. I have to hand it to you that you have had good use from your exercise bike. I know I'd start off being enthusiastic, then it would lie in a corner. Well done you
Absolutely agree

We once bought a thingie/stand to put my bike on so I could exercise indoors but it ended up under the bed
There's never enough room here in my house and it was boring cycling in the hall, staring at the front door

I'm now considering buying an all in one exercise bike and I shall just sell my MuddyFox.

Have looked recently on ebay etc and there are some nice looking compact 'bikes' at a very reasonable price. Some you can use whilst sitting on the sofa ... hmmm but having looked at some of the reviews I think one has to do one's homework.

My manual treadmill has definitely been a good and sensible buy.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

My manual treadmill has definitely been a good and sensible buy.
I also use it for hanging the washing on
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 04:47 PM

One trouble about exercise bikes is that if really tired out, you can get off and either flop in an armchair or lay down. If you get tired out on the road or cycle-paths, there's no giving up because you have to make the effort to get home. Besides which, on a nice day, it's good to be outdoors in the traffic fumes ..or fresh air if you can get off the road somewhere.

If you mean Virginia Water (part of Windsor Great Park) Rachel, I'd say that is a good place to get used to riding a bike again.

I once did a 54 mile bike ride for the Wish Pedlars Charity. Our teenage (at the time) son did it too. He was doing quite well. when I caught up with him I could see why. He was following a fit girl with a shapely rear end. This gave him the incentive to keep up.

Strikes me this could be a good idea for exercise bikes. Put something like that on a screen in front of the bike and unless you keep up, the cyclist in front gets further away.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 09:50 PM

try Bob's bits for more inspiration?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2015, 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=mart;659490]

If you mean Virginia Water (part of Windsor Great Park) Rachelm, I'd say that is a good place to get used to riding a bike again [m/QUOTE]

No cycling allowed in Virginia Water !!! ... we used to go to the Bishopsgate entrance to W G P and cycle through the deer park.

I have to own up to cycling through V W too but that was cos OH didn't tell me it was not allowed ... I was shocked when I found out that he knew all along !!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2015, 03:43 PM

Oh ... didn't say on this thread ? ... bought a hybrid bike on Friday and have had to walk over to the builder's merchant to buy a set of Allan keys dammit. Can't find ours and the saddle needs them for adjusting the height
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
No cycling allowed in Virginia Water !!!
Have you visited recently Rachel? We walked around the lake last year and although there were paths where no cycling was allowed, there were also routes that cyclists could take. Here's a link to the relevant section of the Virginia Water FAQ:

http://www.virginiawater.co.uk/scr/faq.php#m104
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 04:29 PM

cycling-in-windsor-great-park

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top