Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 08:16 AM

Yoga

Tomorrow is the first International Yoga Day. Does anyone here practise Yoga?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 09:22 AM

Re: Yoga

I have done some beginners yoga , I must say it does stretch the body and am more supple afterwards. I watched a young girl doing it and she was like a beautiful swan bending and stretching in ways I would never be able to
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 09:27 AM

I also did some Yoga when younger. Wish I'd kept at it. I still sometimes do the breathing exercises.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 02:50 PM

I already did a post about this in the "Elderley Exercise" thread.

I have been doing Yoga twice a week for about 4 years now, Hatha and Pranyam types. I love it.
Tomorrow I will be at a International Yoga Day event near here, and we will be practicing from 9.30 - till 2.30. They have got some very knowledgeable guest speakers from India coming and I'm really looking forward to it.
(Just hope they will speak in English)!

It's like anything else we want to learn though, you've got to try and do a bit every single day. Makes sense to me, because we wouldn't have learnt much if we only went to school once every now and then, would we. Daily is the answer, even if only for a short while.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 08:00 PM

I never could quite get my leg through in the sun salutation-it`s one of those things I have neglected over the past times.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 09:43 PM

I used to do it but found it boring, I much prefer something lively like zumba.....but if course the type of exercise you undertake has to suit your present fitness and mobility.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I used to do it but found it boring, I much prefer something lively like zumba.....but if course the type of exercise you undertake has to suit your present fitness and mobility.

Perhaps I'm a quieter sort of person than you Pats because when I tried Zumba for a few weeks, I couldn't stand the loud music. I even tried wearing ear-plugs one week!
I prefer the peace of Yoga myself.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 10:00 AM

I love yoga and do the salutation to the sun most mornings - it gives a really good stretch. Don't like aerobics - too boring, don't like treadmills/cross trainers etc - also boring, don't like zumba/line dancing - too noisy, and I cannot swim - so yoga is good for me.

Choice of exercise has to be something you really enjoy - otherwise you won't ever stick with it. Not everything suits everyone.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

21-06-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I already did a post about this in the "Elderley Exercise" thread.

I have been doing Yoga twice a week for about 4 years now, Hatha and Pranyam types. I love it.
Tomorrow I will be at a International Yoga Day event near here, and we will be practicing from 9.30 - till 2.30. They have got some very knowledgeable guest speakers from India coming and I'm really looking forward to it.
(Just hope they will speak in English)!

It's like anything else we want to learn though, you've got to try and do a bit every single day. Makes sense to me, because we wouldn't have learnt much if we only went to school once every now and then, would we. Daily is the answer, even if only for a short while.
Well done Mups. Yes I'm sure you feel the benefit.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 11:22 AM

I was a devotee in my 30's but let it slide. I don't do it on a regular basis now but sometimes after a gym session I will get down on the exercise mat & do some yoga stretches. I can still do the plough and the shoulder-stand but stopped doing the headstand many years ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top