Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 03:02 PM

Pedometer anyone..

Does anyone use a pedometer

I must walk miles a week with Chloe and it would be interesting to know how far I actually do walk so I have ordered a pedometer to check my milage.

I am hoping it might prompt me to walk even further .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 03:04 PM

Re: Pedometer anyone..

Yes I use one when trying to use weight I try to add steps each week, I accidently used it at work one night and was amazed at how far I walk just cleaning an office
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 03:24 PM

Can you describe how it works and where you put it?
Do you wear it like a watch, or a garter, or does it go in your pocket?
And which is a good reasonably priced one?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 03:48 PM

I walk a lot and have been thinking of getting one.
I know you wear them near your hip bone because it measures your strides. I would say the front pocket of a pair of jeans would be ideal.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 03:48 PM

My first one was free and I clip it to my waist band so it counts my steps, my second was about a fiver and I do the same with that.

I don't know if more expensive ones are better never tried one.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 03:50 PM

I use one all the time because I like to make sure I walk at least 5,000 steps a day. Ideally it should be 10,000 but I rarely manage that number.

I've had many different ones, most conk out after a few months but my current one, and best by far, I've had for at least a year and it came from Aldi for under £10 I think. It clips onto my waistband and works by movement.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Can you describe how it works and where you put it?
Do you wear it like a watch, or a garter, or does it go in your pocket?
And which is a good reasonably priced one?
Ruth I am getting one from Amazon, there are plenty to choose from
Originally Posted by carol ->
I walk a lot and have been thinking of getting one.
I know you wear them near your hip bone because it measures your strides. I would say the front pocket of a pair of jeans would be ideal.
Carol the one I am getting clips onto clothing or goes around the neck
I know with some of them you measure the size of your pace and it uses to help calculate the distance walked
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-08-2015, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I use one when trying to use weight I try to add steps each week, I accidently used it at work one night and was amazed at how far I walk just cleaning an office
I can believe it Julie even vacuuming floors up and down in a whole house for cover quite a few paces.
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 04:09 PM

i have had my tanita for 3yrs and love it. it can be worn like a pendant ,in a pocket or in a bag. i'm always checking to see how many steps i've done and if a bit short will march on the spot if necessary as i hate to not reach my daily goal. it definately motivates me to move more.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-08-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I use one all the time because I like to make sure I walk at least 5,000 steps a day. Ideally it should be 10,000 but I rarely manage that number.

I've had many different ones, most conk out after a few months but my current one, and best by far, I've had for at least a year and it came from Aldi for under £10 I think. It clips onto my waistband and works by movement.
Val looking at the reviews on Amazon a lot of them don't seem to last long but they don't cost much so you aren't losing much if they pack up .
As I walk the same fields every day I can easily measure them for distance then even if the pedometer breaks I will still know how far I have walked around any particular field

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top