Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 04:17 PM

Re: Pedometer anyone..

Originally Posted by cinnamon girl ->
i have had my tanita for 3yrs and love it. it can be worn like a pendant ,in a pocket or in a bag. i'm always checking to see how many steps i've done and if a bit short will march on the spot if necessary as i hate to not reach my daily goal. it definately motivates me to move more.
I saw one of that make on Amazon CG but it only calculated in kilometers not miles.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Val looking at the reviews on Amazon a lot of them don't seem to last long but they don't cost much so you aren't losing much if they pack up .
As I walk the same fields every day I can easily measure them for distance then even if the pedometer breaks I will still know how far I have walked around any particular field
On top of that Meg, its surprising how much walking you do at home with housework, cooking etc. I wouldn't be without mine now, I keep checking to see how I'm doing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 05:18 PM

I would like one that actually measured miles not steps, I can count those in my head - any ideas?
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 05:21 PM

mine does miles, the box has a small union jack in the corner.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by cinnamon girl ->
mine does miles, the box has a small union jack in the corner.
Can I ask what make your is cinnamon?

I've just googled Amazon best sellers pedometers and there are 100!!!
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 05:57 PM

No I have never had one but always thought about getting one just to see how much I walk each day.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 06:06 PM

Can anyone explain to me how one works when it's hanging round your neck please?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would like one that actually measured miles not steps, I can count those in my head - any ideas?
ST by knowing your step measurment on some the miles you walk can be calculated .
Most measure miles one way or another....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 06:20 PM

I bought one for about £6 and its a clock and a pedometer it asks you to put in your weight and height so that your stride can be worked out and then you can adjust it as you gain or loose weight. You can also choose steps or KM its by cresta..

The cheaper ones can be as much as 30% off because they dont measure the stride and joggleing or jiggng about can cause a false reading.

With work and walking the dogs I make 10,000 about 5 days out of 7..
You would be surprised how much going to a garden center or a market clocks up though..I now use it to keep track of how far the dogs have walked too the best walk for them is if I do about 3,000 steps thats not too long for them so we can go to various places and yet keep their exersize fairly standard..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-08-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Can I ask what make your is cinnamon?

I've just googled Amazon best sellers pedometers and there are 100!!!
See post 9

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...171#post689171

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top