Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 10:27 AM

What can you do with a pineapple?

(Keep it clean, guys).
A friend gave me a large pineapple yesterday. Any ideas for recipes? I don`t actually like it just sliced.
thanks!
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 10:28 AM

Re: What can you do with a pineapple?

Nothing, is one thing I dont like
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 12:06 PM

There are 93 pineapple recipes here claireandaisy! I do quite like pineapple and fresh is so much nicer than tinned. Nice in a curry! You can also try growing the top - not sure how, just remember hearing that can be done......
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 12:19 PM

I'm not crazy about them but some fresh pineapple is nice in a chicken curry and you can slice the pineapple lengthways, scoop out the middle and serve the curry in the empty halves - very exotic!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 02:15 PM

A slice or two of pineapple on gammon steak is a firm favourite....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 02:18 PM

Pineapple upside-down cake is another favourite - I remember first making that in a school cookery lesson!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5...psidedown-cake
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 11:12 PM

Slice off the top about a quarter of the way down. Scoop out the inside and refill with fruits of your choice, strawberries, raspberries etc together with some of the pineaaple cut into cubes. Marinate by pouring in some kirsch liqueur or similar. place the top back on thus making a showy and delicious dessert.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

21-08-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Slice off the top about a quarter of the way down. Scoop out the inside and refill with fruits of your choice, strawberries, raspberries etc together with some of the pineaaple cut into cubes. Marinate by pouring in some kirsch liqueur or similar. place the top back on thus making a showy and delicious dessert.
Mmmmmm....that sounds delicious!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Slice and chop the pineapple,
make a syrup with soft brown sugar and water (only a small amount),
add a little rum to the syrup,
add the pineapple to the syrup and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours stirring occasional.
Serve with ice cream.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 10:45 AM

So basically, if you add sugar, alcohol, butter and cream in sufficient quantities it`s edible?
That reminds me of the Polish recipe for Pike.
Strap the Pike to a board (oak for preference). Marinate for 48 hours with sloes, honey and an equal measure of aquavit and water. Steam gently for 8 hours over charcoal while preparing a sauce of gooseberries and brown sugar. Throw the fish away and eat the board.
I`ve cut the ruddy thing in half, added some grapes, positioned on a nice plate and am painting it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top