Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Re: Gym members

For £10 for two people we can get a very good carvery meal. that also includes exercise, How? well you have to walk up to the carvery counter and for arm exercise is carrying the plate full to the table. Further exercise is getting a pint of beer and lifting up to drink.

So you get a walking and arm exercise, far better than any gym. Absolute bliss
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Pauline, I have just joined my local gym a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't a clue what programme I'm on (if any), I just do what I'm told!
I don't understand how the machines work or what knobs to pull/push to alter them, so I have a lovely lady who does one-to-one with me for the whole hour. She is very gentle with me.

It must be a programme for over-weight, geriatric, short people I suppose, but I don't know if it has an actual name.

Ohhh if only.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:14 PM

I go to Bannatynes but I don't go upstairs to the Gym. I use the Pool and the Steam Rooms or Sauna, topped off with a laze in the hottest Jaquzzi. But I have to earn this by swimming 50 lengths first lol. If I didn't swim first then I'd just soak up the good stuff. I do this 4 or 5 times a week.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ohhh if only.

You cheeky monkey.

I'll have you know I'm a very sweet, sub-servient little soul.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You cheeky monkey.

I'll have you know I'm a very sweet, sub-servient little soul.
was getting a bit worried about you
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 01:53 AM

I was a gym member for quite a while but became bored by the repetition, since I've changed my fitness routine I'm feeling the benefit by power walking around the park where I can meet other walkers and enjoy the wildlife along the way.
I also play tennis 3 times a week which makes me feel invigorated and it's all free!
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I was a gym member for quite a while but became bored by the repetition, since I've changed my fitness routine I'm feeling the benefit by power walking around the park where I can meet other walkers and enjoy the wildlife along the way.
I also play tennis 3 times a week which makes me feel invigorated and it's all free!
Do you have to step off the beaten track to enjoy the wildlife Honey?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
Do you have to step off the beaten track to enjoy the wildlife Honey?
Only when I venture into squirrels wood
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 05:29 AM

I'm sorry, on one of our nightly walks there is a window facing a health club of people all chugging on their tread mills. For free my pooches lead me...sometimes my feet never touch the ground. These folks paying to run fewer miles than I do. Isn't that like a hamster wheel? I dunno
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Wow!..great to see so many of you working out,i workout 5 to 6 x a week,2 hour sessions, have been doing it for years,..i love to run for at least 15 to 20mins each day on the treadmill,5.4 setting,leg press yes i agree great for toning the legs!.and the cross trainer great for working the upper and lower body,cardiovascular exercises are so beneficial and somthing i cant get enough of,

Thank you everyone for sharing,i really enjoyed the read.x

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top