Join for free
Page 5 of 95 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 08:16 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Im almost at the end of a long running book ....called No Safe House by Linwood Barclay crime thriller and very good

The New York Times bestselling author delivers the follow-up to No Time for Goodbye—an electrifying novel of suspense in which a family’s troubled past is about to return in more ways than one. And this time, they may not be able to escape
I have just finished reading this book but hadnt read No time for goodbye but it was brilliant - we are passing it round our office and all the ones who have read it so far had really enjoyed it
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 08:27 PM

Glad you enjoyed it too Welshie
Ive read most of his books and will say that they all follow a similar line but are very readable and enjoyable..
Im now going to begin reading Stephen Kings Bazaar of Bad Dreams,hes one of my favourite authors so looking forward to a very enjoyable read.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 12:45 PM

Don't think I'll be attempting Pillars of the Earth any time soon... but I'm enjoying hugely Ken Follet's WHITEOUT...great story well told.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 01:35 PM

Ken Follet, 'Fall of Giants' now.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Ben Carson's 'Gifted Hands'. Very readable but he comes across as rather arrogant. (Not surprising, really.)
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:31 PM

I have just started Carstairs - Hospital for Horrors by David Leslie ..... a bit of an insight into the treatment of the criminally insane, very disturbing.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Ken Follet, 'Fall of Giants' now.
That's a big book!
Finished Whiteout...it would make a terrific film.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:49 PM

Vulcan 607.
It's about all the preparation and execution of the bombing of the airfield at Stanley in the Falkland Islands in 1982, by a single Vulcan bomber.
Performing this was a far more complicated enterprise than you could imagine, the distance to be covered being 4000 miles each way (from Ascension Island) and requiring many air-to-air refuellings. Many other difficulties too, such as no satellite navigation or ground references (over open sea, of course) to guide them.
The Americans insisted that it couldn't be done, but we showed them!

Those were the days when you could be proud to be British!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Vulcan 607.
It's about all the preparation and execution of the bombing of the airfield at Stanley in the Falkland Islands in 1982, by a single Vulcan bomber.
Performing this was a far more complicated enterprise than you could imagine, the distance to be covered being 4000 miles each way (from Ascension Island) and requiring many air-to-air refuellings. Many other difficulties too, such as no satellite navigation or ground references (over open sea, of course) to guide them.
The Americans insisted that it couldn't be done, but we showed them!

Those were the days when you could be proud to be British!
There was a programe on the TV about that. Very interesting and a job well done.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 07:03 PM

I'm also reading War & Peace. I used to think I would never get through it but watching the tv series has helped me remember the characters.

Page 5 of 95 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top