Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 12:56 PM

My New Novel!

OK, today is the start of my new novel day. So far it is to be about 2 men from different backgrounds finding themselves driven to certain actions through their belief and background (inspired by extremism ), or a heart warming, simple story about the life of whomever (inspired by the book I'm currently reading - The Secret Garden ), or maybe a novel about a politician going mental through being too enthusiastic for her own good (inspired by Nicola Sturgeon ) .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 01:05 PM

Re: My New Novel!

I like the third option , Nicola Sturgeon going mental , perhaps it could be a short novel , and she gets locked up in the tower of london and one of the Chesea pensioners loses the keys . And we never hear from her again !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I like the third option , Nicola Sturgeon going mental , perhaps it could be a short novel , and she gets locked up in the tower of london and one of the Chesea pensioners loses the keys . And we never hear from her again !
I could use some of that .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 02:38 PM

For accuracy sake I'd like to point out that they are infact Yeoman Warders, not Chelsea Pensioners.

Sorry for the pedancy.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:22 PM

We are told that, in order to write a good novel, we should draw on our own life experiences ...

Here's an idea
(to be taken with a liberal sprinkling of salt)

A painfully, critically shy, 'English Rose' spends her childhood avoiding social situations etc ... feeling unable to fit in, although desperate to do so.

She hits puberty, everything becomes a whole lot worse and she discovers ? sex ? booze ? drugs ? rock n roll ?

Reaching the age of 30 something, estranged from her family (because of her appalling behaviour) she's bitten by a large venomous spider (or snake or something) and is hospitalised.

She survives, against all odds and from there is transferred to a State run Psychiatric Unit (or is it ???) where she is put into a medically induced coma. During this period, she is talked to, read to 24/7 ... in other words 'brainwashed'.

She eventually emerges as a new person (with a strong Scottish accent) and a staunch (insert religion of your choice), quickly rises through the ranks and becomes a voice to be reckoned with.

Oh ... I forgot to say that during her hospitalisation/coma etc. she had necessarily lost muscle tone, so took up athletics

Naturally, she excelled at this too 'rolls eyes' and not only became Prime Minister, bestselling author, but Olympic athlete

That's just a quick idea I thought of whilst in the shower.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:29 PM

You could do a combination of all three 'plots' Mark

(is that 'The Secret Garden' as in Frances Hodgson Burnett story ).
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
For accuracy sake I'd like to point out that they are infact Yeoman Warders, not Chelsea Pensioners.

Sorry for the pedancy.
You are quite right to correct me , we need to be accurate for Mark to include it in his book .

Remember to share the Royalties Mark
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2016, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
(is that 'The Secret Garden' as in Frances Hodgson Burnett story ).
Yes .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
We are told that, in order to write a good novel, we should draw on our own life experiences ...

Here's an idea
(to be taken with a liberal sprinkling of salt)

A painfully, critically shy, 'English Rose' spends her childhood avoiding social situations etc ... feeling unable to fit in, although desperate to do so.

She hits puberty, everything becomes a whole lot worse and she discovers ? sex ? booze ? drugs ? rock n roll ?

Reaching the age of 30 something, estranged from her family (because of her appalling behaviour) she's bitten by a large venomous spider (or snake or something) and is hospitalised.

She survives, against all odds and from there is transferred to a State run Psychiatric Unit (or is it ???) where she is put into a medically induced coma. During this period, she is talked to, read to 24/7 ... in other words 'brainwashed'.

She eventually emerges as a new person (with a strong Scottish accent) and a staunch (insert religion of your choice), quickly rises through the ranks and becomes a voice to be reckoned with.

Oh ... I forgot to say that during her hospitalisation/coma etc. she had necessarily lost muscle tone, so took up athletics

Naturally, she excelled at this too 'rolls eyes' and not only became Prime Minister, bestselling author, but Olympic athlete

That's just a quick idea I thought of whilst in the shower.
No superpowers from the spider bite?

Apart from the lack of the above you do have a cracking story line. I do have one concern with the plot though and that is: why did she get sent to a mental hospital after suffering from a spider bite? Not sure that is normal care procedure is it? Was it a special brain affecting spider bite?

Needs work .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
You are quite right to correct me , we need to be accurate for Mark to include it in his book .

Remember to share the Royalties Mark
I will probably need financial help for the duration of the writing as I will be putting all my other money making schemes on hold. I deem it that important . If it makes money then I will no-doubt have to pay back all my benefactors.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top