Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 12:41 PM

Re: My New Novel!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
..and that just the Mods

(I am saying it before someone else does )
Lol Meg

Actually, thinking about it in slightly more depth, ia book about forum life could be amazing.

Funny or serious ... could be either, or a combination of both.
I can imagine some families have broken up because of 'life on the internet' taking over from reality (whatever 'reality' may be )
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 05:59 PM

Be sure to include plenty of bodice ripping, heaving bosoms and shirtless men emerging from lakes
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
On the other hand, you could write a book about life on a forum

The trials and tribulations of Admin
The online fighting
The control freaks
The tantrums and tears

I shan't list it all but there is a wealth of 'stuff'
That is already a "Work" in progress, it will be interesting to see who claims copyright.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Be sure to include plenty of bodice ripping, heaving bosoms and shirtless men emerging from lakes
Bodice ripping ? but of course ... an everyday occurance in some households

Men emerging from lakes ? YEAH ... bring it on

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:22 PM

Topical Thriller Idea: Title?

Chapter 1

Guy stared ahead with grim determination. It was time to act. This was his moment. Everything had led to this point. The culmination of all he stood for. Why then did his hands shake so violently and his thumb, resting on the detonator, feel like it had a mind of it’s own being reluctant to act out the plan? Sudden doubt shocked him to his core: was it the wrong thing to do after all?

Paterson held the 9mm glock close to his chest. If anyone should be in this building that was up to no good then the next room, that afforded a clear view of the outside proceedings, would be the likely place to find them. With his back to the wall aside the open door he took a deep breath and swung into position. 30 foot away was just that someone. Having been in this situation before he trained his gun on the back of the intruder whilst instantly issuing his commands but before he could utter them completely the stranger turned to face him:

‘Guy? … It can’t be you, surely?’

Chapter 2

Paterson had progressed through the ranks steadily; in fact throughout his life he had never shown any particular flair but even so the qualities he possessed were sufficient for personal improvement and career advancement: being dependable, along with being level headed, were highly regarded by many employers, especially in his line of work.

Could work with Paterson as the main character. Not sure I want to write about such stuff but it could have some sort of deeper meaning.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:25 AM

Something I have always wanted to do.
My kids all tell me to.
My friends all tell me its a great idea.
So I often "about once every 6 months or so" sit and write on different storylines that spring into my mind.
Then I leave them on my computer and return to them and nit pick/chop n change. Just like the one that has been on there at present for about 2 months.
Mainly I put it down to over thinking things, which I am very good at and I know it spoils alot of my written pieces.
Then I delete completely.
Oneday I will make it past 3 chapters I have promised myself that.
Whether or not I will get anything to print I very much doubt it.

Good luck with your story MKJ.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top