Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 09:48 PM

Re: Airlines weighing people

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I thought a pig had spare ribs
A strategically aimed hat pin gives better results.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
A strategically aimed hat pin gives better results.
Hat pins and Harley's.
Thats an odd mix
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 10:03 PM

I know ... I'm much tamer now.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 06:12 AM

Well thanks to everyone that posted, sadly I think that weighing people who are getting on aeroplanes will be all too common in the near future, its an Elf & Safety world we live in now, and any excuse to make an extra Buck will suffice,.. although in fairness to Lisa riley, she has shed several stone since the airport weigh in,.. perhaps its the way to go.!
... signed Hugh Jarse !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I doubt its to do with safety.......holds are never full nor do aircraft fly anywhere near their laden weight limits as they never refuel to full, the load to distance.

Its all about money.
I flew to the UK many years ago on a Qantas 747 with about 20 other people. We, our luggage and crew were all weighed. The reason was apparently entirely to do with the cargo which was massive (ie very heavy).

Quite strange flying such a long distance on an almost empty plane but we each had four seats to sleep on and almost one flight attendant each.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 05:09 AM

Only flights I take last at least 10 hours.

Have in the past had to sit next to a Fat sods on both sides but thank God only once ended up with a dead leg for about a week.

Very uncomfortable as they tend to over flop.

But not as bad with someone in a window seat who has a certain problem who are piss takers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 06:48 AM

It is quite funny because unless going east the first five hours of any flight I take are spent flying over Australia.

When I flew from Manchester to Sweden a couple of years ago I had hardly got my seat belt loosened and it was time to land again. I don't think I even got a beer.
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 11:08 AM

I am all in favour. Having experienced being seated next to an extremely overweight passenger on a flight to New York, I would not want that experience again. I would not allow the arm rest to be lifted (as requested by the stewardess) but it made for a very uncomfortable experience. The passenger herself spent the majority of the time queuing for the toilet. As soon as she had exited the loo, she went to the back of the queue to stand again, obviously because she could not fit into the seat. I think we should have to stand on the scales with our luggage before boarding and then charged accordingly, although a bit difficult when we all usually book weeks in advance.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Some of the low cost carriers have now reduced the distance between your seat and the one in front, no chance of anybody reclining their seat
Well I'm pleased about that. It annoys me no end when the person in front's head is under my chin. It's unnecessary to recline seats even on long flights because it is no more comfortable than in the upright position.

Unfortunately, I always get behind the one person on the plane that insists on it. Lots of kicking is the answer.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
I am all in favour. Having experienced being seated next to an extremely overweight passenger on a flight to New York, I would not want that experience again. I would not allow the arm rest to be lifted (as requested by the stewardess) but it made for a very uncomfortable experience. The passenger herself spent the majority of the time queuing for the toilet. As soon as she had exited the loo, she went to the back of the queue to stand again, obviously because she could not fit into the seat. I think we should have to stand on the scales with our luggage before boarding and then charged accordingly, although a bit difficult when we all usually book weeks in advance.

Why not have to state your weight when you book?
Wouldn't bother me.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top