Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 04:50 PM

Do you use online grocery shopping?

I do! Greatest thing since sliced bread IMO! I have all the heavy things delivered; what a blessing not having to lug loaded bags home on the bus! I'm picky about meat, fruit, vegetables so pick those up myself.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 05:17 PM

Re: Do you use online grocery shopping?

I've never ordered any grocery shopping online........yet
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 05:26 PM

No, I don't as I am fortunately fit and fine and have access to a car and reasonable shopping facilities.
If I didn't have a car I think I might use the delivery service which a few of the supermarkets use here - you go to the shop, walk round with a trolley/cart as usual, chose your items and chose a time later that day for them to be delivered. I think the store keeps the cold things chilled till they go in the delivery van and come out to your home.
And if I was housebound, then online shopping is obviously a great way to keep a degree of independence.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 05:31 PM

Never groceries, but often other things like toiletries..........
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 06:39 PM

I have never tried online grocery shopping, OH does most of it and the things he misses I buy on my way home from work.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 07:50 PM

I buy most of my groceries online from one of three supermarkets - to ring the changes. I have found them all excellent. I also buy all sorts of other things online. OH has bought shoes and was pleased with them. I have trouble with getting shoes that are comfy, but have also found one retailer so far whose shoes fit and are definitely comfortable. Buy clothes online too. Pet food, wild bird food, light bulbs - all sorts really.

Have to also say that we have had several fraudulent uses of our Barclaycard - we have reclaimed the money successfully and, strangely, all but one transaction was for minimal amounts. We "suspect" one famous online supplier of not having 100% security, so at the last card replacement we decided not to use them again. So far, so good.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 08:52 PM

Have never bought groceries or anything else online-do a weekly shop on a Saturday and if I need anything fresh will pop in supermarket during week
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 08:53 PM

Besides groceries, I do almost all my shopping on line; so much more convenient. DM. do none of your supermarkets offer on line ordering? Seems to me it almost defeats the purpose if you actually have to go to the store and select your own.......
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 09:01 PM

Oh yes- it's available, I just don't need to use it at the moment.

As to other on-line purchases - yes, I use lots, from holidays, other travel, garden furniture, clothes, shoes ... you name it really. In fact I hate shopping so much my mantra is "If I can't get in in ******* (my little town) or online, then I don't buy it."
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 09:15 PM

NO!!!, by the time I have checked in , looked at the 10000`s of variations, of bread/tea/ and so on, decided what I want, deleted most of it, checked my shopping list, and then realised I missed something..............its quicker to go to the store and buy it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top