Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2011, 10:20 PM

For MANXMAN

Hello Manxman, Hopefully you will see the replies to your Thread: "So What", which you placed in Current Affairs.

We felt concerned that you were feeling rather low. Very much hope things are improving, and you are feeling more positive.

Kind Regards,
Rainbow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2011, 10:28 PM

Re: For MANXMAN

I, too, send you my best wishes and hope you are feeling brighter.

Looking forward to seeing you back here with us soon.

Kind regards.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2011, 11:40 PM

I just noticed this now Manxman and I'm shocked to hear the bad news. I'm not a very religious Man but I'll say a special prayer for you tonight, who knows, where there's life there's hope.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 01:22 AM

Thinking of you too Manxman - hope all is well.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 03:54 PM

Thank you all for the kindness you have shown me.

After leaving hospital, having been in for over 5 months, I thought I must be in with a chance.

A few weeks ago though I had a CT scan that showed up some tumors in my liver of which I had just had 50% removed, it does renew in about 6 weeks, Now though they have found that my lungs have signs of Cancer.

I have known from the beginning that my condition is terminal but after the pain and upset of operations, that had become possible through my body reacting well to Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. I thought maybe it would of increased my odds of survival a bit. Appears not.

On my last visit to 'The Christie' http://www.christie.nhs.uk/ which I would recommend to anyone and is a great institute. They were of the mind that my body was so weak that at the time any treatment would not help me so they gave me a course of steroids to build me up. What they did not warn me about was the dark place that I would go.

My positivity was stripped away all I could see was the dark side.

The Angel that is my Wife Norma, who never fails me called the Doctor who prescribed me and he asked her to wean me off the steroids, this Norma did. After this I was showing sign's of becoming my old self.

My system is now clear of steroids. I still take 29 pills a day to keep me going.

At this moment in time I am mentally well and my physical state is getting better by the day.

In a few weeks I am going home to the Isle of Man to visit Family and Friends. Norma will be driving and we will be visiting all the beauty spots.

On my return I am at 'The Christie' and if all is OK to receive Chemotherapy. The last 19 sessions left me with 'button fingers and feet' basically I have very little sensitivity from my wrist to finger tips and knees to toe ends, I am able to key a PC but writing is just a mess.

I am back in fighting spirit and intend to fight all the way.

May get hit by a meteorite in the next 5 minutes, so why worry.

Thank you all, for your support and for reading this.

Please forgive me for my negative rambling a short time ago.

If you know anyone on the journey who has Bowel, Liver, Lung or lymph node Cancers it may help to visit the BLOG I try to keep http://adrianhowarth.blogspot.com/

Traa di liooar

Adrian
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Hello Adrian, I know I don't know you very well but felt I had to reply to your post.
I'm so pleased that you seem to be coming out of that dark tunnel and pray that things improve for you.
I hope you enjoy your time on the Isle of Man, take loads of pics for us to see when you get back. I've never been to the Isle of Man.
As an aside, there is a Dogsey member who is in the Christie at the moment with Hodgkins Lymphoma and my sister-in-law is being treated for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma down here in Devon, so I wish you all well.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 07:07 PM

Adrian, I'm pleased to see you here today as I, for one, was so concerned by how you were feeling a few weeks ago.

It's good to know you have found your fighting spirit again and I hope you enjoy your visit to your Homeland in a few weeks, like Nippy said, I've never been to the Isle of Man either ...... all I know about it is they hold the TT races there!

Kind regards to you and your wife...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Great to see you back Manxman and to see you have regained your fighting spirit and are able to be more positive.

Hope you both have a lovely time in the Isle of Man, and thoughts are with you and your Wife.......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

18-02-2011, 12:04 AM

Adrian, it must be around this time that you are going to the Isle of Man ........... I just wanted to wish you all the best, hope you have a lovely time and get to meet many of your family and friends.
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 01:10 AM

Have a great holiday and enjoy yourself. Wish I could join you both, it's sounds nice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top